1st match winner?

• Gooey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rouge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i give that a 1x10 to the negative 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th power :evil:

Absolutely horrid as far as ANY sprite comics go.
1. IT'S A FRIGGIN JPEG!!!! don't use JPEGs ever for comics, unless you have a program that can filter out the grainy after effects. otherwise I suggest using PNG files.
2. God awful MSPaint backgrounds. never make Backgrounds in MSPaint unless you are EXTREMELY skilled with it. Use backgrounds ripped from games, you can find alot if you look around.
3. Bad presentation. It's understandable, but it's not the best presentation. It's made worse by the backgrounds as well.
4. Don't mix sprite styles unless absolutely necassary. 8-bit looks bad next to 16-bit or 32-bit, and also keep artistic styles similiar, Sonic Advance sprites don't look good next to DBZ game sprites.

Here's an example of what a good sprite based comic should look like.
http://home.ripway.com/2004-3/85665/comics/RA8.png
notice the better use of background, especially items set here and there. The main joke makes sense as well. Sprite styles are similiar enough to look good together. and finally, no grainy crap from JPEG misuse, it's a clean looking PNG.

Once you've gotten out of your N00B stage you should do just fine.

It reeks of a simple Paint job that isn't remotely funny or interesting, to me. I mean... why are they fighting? And who cares? There's no plot, no real substance, it's over in a few panels... there's nothing remotely interesting in it.

"Image hosted by Angelfire"

Whoo!! *throws arms up in the air*

*sniffle* That was so great.. I can't stop thinking about the part where Hosted started cheating on Image with By ;_;.

Seriously.. I can't view it.

I rate both of these comics as -5 million/10. That is the most annoying, stupid comic on the face of the galaxy dangit. The sprite characters are missaligned. It is simple to notice the stupid artifacts from the JPEG format. The backgrounds are horrid. Next time, try using sprites from the same game, or edit those sprites from the same game to make them sized correctly. Also, make the comic longer unless it's just going to be one of those comics you see in the paper every sunday. Gooey, btw, is just a blue blob kirby.

I've seen worse... 'Course, I've also seen better... LOT better.

I'd work on my skills some more.
Also, the spraycan effect is regarded by many as the cheapest effect in existance. So, avoid using that unless absolutely neccesary.

You never know though. Some of the best flash cartoons where born from terrible sprite comics like this. Hey... maybe I should do a shoddy comic! I draw it so small and then stretch the resolution to it becomes a twisted array of bloated pixels and then, I will save it to jpeg. No, worse! gif.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back