SRB2, Windows 8, and Fraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

MouseParty

I've been having issues capturing SRB2 gameplay with Fraps, but specifically with Windows 8. When I record it, the recording comes out all as a white screen, although the audio still plays perfectly. But the weird part is that when I enable the FPS to be visible in the recording, it actually shows, which is odd since SRB2 itself doesn't. I've also tried recording on other variations of 2.0 such as SRB2 Riders and SRB2 Kart and I still get the same results. The only one that actually works is SRB2 CB. This is clearly an SRB2 only issue because when I record other programs with Fraps such as Project 64 and various other emulators, the recording doesn't go all white. Everything works fine.

Another issue I've had since converting to Windows 8 is that when I press the windows flag key to get on the desktop in an SRB2 game, the screen shrinks to the left and the colors invert, and pressing F11 doesn't help like it does when the colors invert in SRB2 version 1.09.4. In order to fix it, I have to go to video modes and reselect a mode. Although it's easily fixable, it still gets really annoying, as I do minimize SRB2 in-game very often. Another thing to add is that when I exit to the desktop again when the screen is inverted, it completely glitches and inverts my desktop screen at times.

Is there anyway to fix this, or will there need to be some kind of fix in SRB2 version 2.1?

Did you tried another programe like Bandicam ?

I've heard that Bandicam has watermarks that take extreme video editing to remove, so no thank you.

You have to use OpenGL mode. I have the same problem using software mode.

I DID try OpenGL, but I can't seem to load it because SRB2 says that it failed to load r_opengl.dll. This was common for me, even when I had Windows 7. I am using SonicFreak's SRB2 Launcher since the normal Net Launcher looks and works like shit. So maybe that's affecting something?

I've heard that Bandicam has watermarks that take extreme video editing to remove, so no thank you.

You mean that tiny piece of writing at the top that's barely noticeable?
Besides, you could just use a cracked version if you have the pirate in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back