How do I use transparency on an MD2 model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

I'm trying to make a model of Parappa the rapper (A paper-thin one) and I can't figure out how to use transparency so there's no black border around him. I remember making an MD2 of Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie, and the wings would have a black border in the modelling program I use, but in-game it would be transparent. Help please?

Hate to bump old topics, but I would like to know how to do this. Make certain parts of an md2 transparent, so instead of making a new thread, let me post here.

For the sake of knowledge, I will post here the answer that I have found by accident.

To make a transparent md2, is not quite hard. Quite the contrary, its so simple that its quite funny learning how to do it. Using a graphic editing program, such as paint.net or photoshop, select an area around a texture (or select the entire texture if that is what you wish) and remove it using either the cut or delete tools. This should give you the same transparent checkerboard pattern that shows transparency in every game. In your model editing program, such as blender or misfit, the texture will appear to be plain white, but that does not matter, for it only becomes white for the model editing program itself, and not for srb2. Here are some pictures to show the transparency:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back