Sepwich issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep

Since I do not have moderator powers on this site i'll choose to post this here.

Since you guys have the most active forums on my website, I need a bit of info from you guys. I hear alot sepwich goes down. Barely any of you know me but in my actualy life I do work full time for an ISP and I have a social life. I don't have the time to sit here and monitor my own website and see if it's working or not. Occassionally I do get an IM from a member or two saying sepwich is down but by the time I get home for a few minutes sepwich is back up and running.

This past few days has been a seperate issue, the guy who hosts my webspace must have sold me to another server and never announced it. I have no emails of any nameserver ip changes, but the server I host my nameservers on changed IP's. I had to do a little internet detective work on my part to resolve the issue without contacting their horrible customer support. The issue is fixed now and at current time DNS servers are resolving. They seem to be running fine at the moment, but god knows how long that will last.

What I need from you guys is to give me an email when sepwich has issues. I only have two emails that I check and neither of them are known to anyone. The first one is one no one can email because the filter is so strong it blocks anyone that's not part of the corporation i'm working for (although occassionally one spam will make it through) The other is jbrayburn@gmail.com

gmail is like a app client except I can tab it in firefox so it's useful at work. I don't receive spam on it so I don't mind actually keeping it open. gmail actively changes when you receive an email so if there are any issues I can immediatly look into it, I just want to get a general concessus of the down time so I can debate whether to switch to a much better server that requires a 1 year paid contract.

Thanks!

Personally, I still can't use the place without a modification on my hosts file. I can view the forums with your alternate link, but cannot log in because it attempts to redirect back to sepwich.com, which doesn't work right.

Also, the FTP is down even if I add it to the hosts file.

DNS servers are still going to be resolving until tomorrow, I'd like to wait until tomorrow afternoon before I start investigating any of the issues

Edit: Also, I am under the impression no one can use the ftp without sepwich.com being resolved because only the main account can do ip login's. I may be wrong however.

Edit: I believe I'm right. When I try to login using the ip I get a authentication failed, but if I use the servers main account I can login fine.

Whee! Tester post.

Test
Test
Test
Test

Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test

Test
Test
Test
Test said:
Code:
Test
  • Test
test.png

http://www.test.com/
Test

I will drop this post if it's against the rules.

I'm not sure if this is in any way related, but whenever I load this MB, it brings me to an older version of it, like a day old. When I try logging in, it brings me back to the most recent version, with all of the new posts. Is it something with Sepwich?

I've tried everything. It wont go away. I have to log in twice to get to the most updated version. >_>

I have to log in twice nowadays, and I don't stay logged in, even if I check the box that says "Stay logged in, dude".

This problem was going on for months, but sometime before the switch to SSNTails.sepwich, it worked fine.

Sep said:
How has the service been so far? Good? Bad? Mediocre?

its been alright, and i wanted to also to ask.. is it possible for the forums to be used on cell phones? i have a Nextel i930 smartphone. and i can login to my account and view topics and my private messages but some reason i cant respond..... (sorry if that was off topic)

Sep said:

For me, almost perfect. There is one issue, however.

Using a link like this:
Code:
http://dw.sepwich.com/index.php?page=downloads
where it would work here:
Code:
http://t-rex.trexhost.com/~sepist/fhwn/srb2dx/index.php?page=downloads

Now, I have no idea why, but that's what happens. The first link just goes back to the index page, whereas the second link (what happened before) uses the code from the index page background in the page.

Sep said:

It's been good since the DNS thing got fixed: There hasn't been a time where I couldn't access anything on sepwich due to something or other since.

I think the new Sepwich is pretty good. There are a couple things, though, like my account not existing, but that's because I don't have one yet. ;-)

Oh, and DW, I don't have admin access to Sepwich for the time being, so I don't think I can help you any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back