Official Level Design Contest: March/April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've been itching to post screenshots. I didn't want to reveal anything but..... Here ya go:

Here's some kind of tree house:
srb20002-2.png

Try to find the way inside:
srb20003-2.png

Here's some more, you can see I use trees for a lot of things...
srb20000-2.png

srb20001-3.png

I'm not gonna reveal more.

I sent an e-mail message with "Contest Withdrawal - March/April 2008" to FF and said:

I, SonicMaster, hereby withdraw The Awsumest Nytz Zone from the Single Player Division.

Ice said:
images "...reveal more."

except that the glass causes tutti-frutti in Software mode, just like in Poison Prison Zone.

Was there any confermation from FF? The reason I ask this is because when I had sent in a fixed version of Glaber Glutch Circuit for a past contest, the broken one I sent in earlier got used instead. I suggest you pm him too.

I'll Begin said:
Wait what? Did Penopat just say something smart?

Wait what? Did I`ll Begin just display some irrational form of ignorance? There are plenty of smart things that I mention around these boards.

Wait, why do I care again? Gah.

Also, count this as another contest I missed since I suck at making levels within any kind of timeframe.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
except that the glass causes tutti-frutti in Software mode, just like in Poison Prison Zone.

Um, Here's that same screenshot in software mode. I don't see anything wrong with it...>_>

srb20000-3.png

I'll Begin described why your glass works...I did it a different way...Right now, I'm working on another zone, so...

OK, Glaber, I'll PM FuriousFox, because I sent in a fixed version of PPZ. The fix was that PPZ wouldn't SIGSEGV other levels that used GLASSTEX, due to me adding an extra empty GLASSTEX slot in TEXTURE1. (PPZ itself would work fine.) Had I not created my joke WAD, I would have not even noticed.

Wacky Track was actually originally submitted to Nov/Dec 07, but it was withdrawn due to being unplayable at the time. So FF sometimes listens...

----
I'm working on a new Match map, Metal Spire Zone. As for how well it's going to be received? Better than those other two crap Match maps I submitted. We'll see HOW much better...

Metal Spire Zone has been tested, tweaked, and submitted! I'm SERIOUSLY glad I beta tested it; otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed that the teleporter to the sixth floor was rigged in favor of whoever was camping there. Solution? Four teleporters to the sixth floor with four teleport destinations, making camping only having a 25% chance of working.

Well, it's only my fourth Match map. I really can't expect TOO much out of this. But hey, it's a great way to get feedback! ^_^

Penopat said:
Wait, why do I care again? Gah.

Also, count this as another contest I missed since I suck at making levels within any kind of timeframe.

I started my 1P level in January. It was going to be for the JanFeb08 contest, but it wasn't finished. It's now going to appear in THIS contest.

Hahaha, my friends think I'm crazy for entering my first wad into a contest...

Ice said:

Mine wasn't so bad, I could have entered it if I wanted, but I decided not to. Yours looks good from those screenshots though.

Ice said:
Winter Twilight Zone was my first released level, and I hadn't made anything really before that.

Sometimes I wonder why we (and I) posted screenshots of our levels. The only feedback we'll usually be given has something to do with how aesthetically pleasing it is. Mine isn't the most beautiful map, but this is part of what my beta tester wrote about Poison Prison Zone...

Dark Warrior said:
My word, this is really getting there. It's a very good level. I really can't give much more in the way of improvement on this.

I don't think my map will be so good it will be historical, but it's a serious improvement from my other stuff.

Well, if I ever happen to get anyone of my crazy ideas done, a screenshot would get lots of feedback. Actually, more like a video would get lots of feedback, as you couldn't tell what's going on with just a screenshot.

I know one thing historical about this contest. It's the first contest where I don't release a NiGHTS stage. But be expecting 2 or 3 for the next, I've got some in progress... :D

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Dark Warrior said:
My word, this is really getting there. It's a very good level. I really can't give much more in the way of improvement on this.

I don't think my map will be so good it will be historical, but it's a serious improvement from my other stuff.

I should note that it isn't ZOMG AMAZING!, but it is really good. Few maps are really that extraordinary, but yeah, it was really good. At least from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back