Official Level Design Contest: March/April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barren Ambition doesn't look too shabby =P

glaber said:
Singleplayer (Green Hill act 2 with mp3s, the oggs either converted wrong or were still too big)

Heh, send the MP3 to me, I'll fix it up for ya if you want. =)

My first joke WAD has been submitted to the Single Player Division!

It parodies three notoriously awful levels... This joke WAD is pretty terrible in terms of gameplay. I just hope people find it funny, which was totally my intention. Scary thing is, is that I put 3 times the amount of time and work into this joke WAD that I put into Cosmic Warehouse Zone...

As for the name of this map? I'll keep that a surprise, too.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:

It parodies three awful levels... This joke WAD will be pretty terrible in terms of gameplay. I just hope people don't find it funny, which was totally my intention. Scary thing is, is that I put 3 times the amount of time and work into this joke WAD that I put into Cosmic Warehouse Zone...

Fixed the post, anything else?

RedEchidna said:
HK, he actually meant he didn't wanted people to find it funny.

Don't go "fixing" this post, now...

And joke wads are not funny anyways. It's just a sad sense of humor which people used to do, and it killed the joke off >.>

I sometimes feel that Joke WADs are starting to become more and more common... and I want to see excellent, well designed levels like most of the ones already shown to us, not purposely bad, silly, or rubbish ones!!

Speaking of which, I haven't seen anyone comment on Mech Mountain Act 2 from the screens I posted yet. It seems to me as although they don't want to, and would rather ignore what I posted for some reason I don't know... But I doubt that's what everyone is really like, are they?

At least it's not a Multiplayer map. Actually, I had to use too many custom textures/sounds/sprites for it to be a multiplayer map. I've done...quite a bit many things that I believe haven't been in joke maps as of yet. I may withdraw it if I feel it won't be received at all well.

MI (no pun initially intended), it's hard to judge a map by a screenshot.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:

It parodies three notoriously awful levels... This joke WAD is pretty terrible in terms of gameplay. I just hope people find it funny, which was totally my intention. Scary thing is, is that I put 3 times the amount of time and work into this joke WAD that I put into Cosmic Warehouse Zone...

You're doing it wrong, man. Don't TELL everyone your wad is a joke; that ruins it. You're supposed to wait untill everyone plays it before you make that obvious. :(

Woah, where does the time go? I have to stop procrastinating and get my level done!

Joke maps aren't cool.

@Ice: It's possible for you to cut off a portion of your map and add things for a different game mode.

What? so are you going to release it at all?

Oh, I just thought of something. make sure you get confermation that the wad is out of the contest if you already sent the wad in. other wise it might still appear in the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back