Official Level Design Contest Voting: March/April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Well, this isn't really much of a shock to me, but I'm sure it'll probably be kind of a shock to a few of you.

Here are the contest results:

http://mystic.sepwich.com/mtfa_contest-marapr05.zip - Multiplayer

http://mystic.sepwich.com/scr_gloommetropolis.zip - Single Player

As you can tell, there is a good reason a few of you will be shocked. There are five match stages and a single one player stage.

There cannot be voting without more than one entry in the single player contest, and there really isn't much of a point to have voting in the multiplayer portion of the contest either.

Basically, this contest is going to be called off simply because of the lack of entries.

Now that that's said, I'd like to talk about this, because it shouldn't really shock anyone. The reason the contests were originally stopped in February 2004 was because of lack of entries. Now that we've hit this again, I'd like to plead for the people who actually enjoy these, and if the popularity of the netgames is something to judge by, it's almost all of you.

We cannot hold contests without submissions. Even those of you who can't do a very good job are MORE than welcome. The more people enter, the better. Those of you who have been at it for a while, you won't get to have more contests if you don't keep doing so. There will be a May/June contest. If that doesn't work, I'll have to stop them again for a year so people will be interested again.

The bimonthly contests are supposed to be a fun experience for everyone, but everyone has to contribute a little so they can all get a lot. If everyone who can WAD entered a single multiplayer map, these contests would be overflowing. We saw that last December very definitely. Hence, if you'd like this feature of the forums to continue, I hope everyone creates an entry for the next contest. We can't continue otherwise.

Shadow Hog said:
Yeah, well, like I said, I didn't really have TIME to do much this time around... >>;
In that entire 2 month period, you didn't have time to make a small deathmatch map? I really do somehow doubt that. It's easily possible to make a deathmatch map in a day.

I'll come straight out and say that although I was extremely busy with TNAoStH and SPMoves, I probably could have fit a contest WAD in there somewhere '>_>

By the way, FuriousFox, while Gloom Metropolis is a tad short, it's layout is godlike. I really don't like the object layout much, though. Hilariously, I think the stage would be better with LESS enemies, for the mood's sake. The sector layout is AWESOME, and I can't wait to see new material from you. Keep it up.

I now regret not entering Floodwater Forest *and* Campfire Chaos.

EDIT: Now that I've played it, Floodwater Forest wouldn't stand a chance. Nice job, FuriousFox.

hotdog003 said:
EDIT: Now that I've played it, Floodwater Forest wouldn't stand a chance. Nice job, FuriousFox.
But that's not the point. Who cares who WINS? The point is that we all get a bunch of maps to play and get to have fun for a week judging them. Whether or not your map is good doesn't make much of a difference in the long run, just the fact that you make something is what makes the contest fun.

Can I choose the first contest after 1.09 comes out?

Maybe I can even offer a special prize! oOoOOOOoOoOoHhHhHHh!!!

Mystic said:
By the way, FuriousFox, while Gloom Metropolis is a tad short, it's layout is godlike. I really don't like the object layout much, though. Hilariously, I think the stage would be better with LESS enemies, for the mood's sake. The sector layout is AWESOME, and I can't wait to see new material from you. Keep it up.
Jealousy has inspired me to continue working on my maps. Curse you Mystic!

Oh dear, what happened to my level?

EDIT: Turns out I sent in the wrong copy. Can I send in the other copy for next month?

Bah.. well that sucks.. I had an SP map up my sleeve, but it dissapeared along with the rest of my hard drive ;_;.

If the Public School System died I would have the time. :P You can expect some cool things this summer from me. Three large Srb2 Mods plus the announcement of a new game. 8) Oh my tEh MysToRy!!!

EDIT: I can have a map done for the next contest Mystic.

Feel free to post any comments or suggestions you have for Gloom Metropolis. I plan to make an Act 2 for the next contest.

Akira said:
If the Public School System died I would have the time. You can expect some cool things this summer from me. Three large Srb2 Mods plus the announcement of a new game. Oh my tEh MysToRy!!!
May I guess what these will be?
Goober Adventure,
Sonic the Hedgehog Revitalized,
Sonic Xtreme Revitalized,
and SRB2 Heroes, perhaps?

FuriousFox said:
I've never had that problem. What error are you getting?
Crash with the well known "Segmentation fault"... But not at start the game, like other WADs... Inmediately after press Enter for ingress ADDFILE command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back