Sega Expects Sonic's Quality to improve over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, none of you have specified how your Sonic game should be, examples would be a better suggestion of the Sonic game you want.

I want another Sonic 2 or Sonic 3&K, and I want another Sonic Adventure 1 minus characters being restricted to one gametype.

I meant to say this kind of example:

I would want the next real sonic game to have levels where you must go running through the stage, but plataforming that doesn't come in moments but that is present all the time, like having to run for 4 seconds and then having to jump over a big floating plataform, then to another, keep runing until you reach a large plataform where you must run straight for over 5 seconds and then jump over 4 enemies in the air to reach a tube you must enter, then run over 2 seconds, jump over an easly activable button and then run fast before the opened gate closes. then the road splits in 2, the place starts sinking in lava and you have 20 seconds to get out, the right way is longer but has more ring trails and easy to defeat enemies wich will give you more score, and the left one give only half of the score as in the right one but be easier to pass. I also want S ranks to be harder to get.

Well, that was my personal example, now yours.

... I want a game that has momentum physics and level design just like Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K, since that's when I've most enjoyed playing Sonic games. Do I really need a better example than that?

Blue Warrior said:
I want another Sonic 2 or Sonic 3&K, and I want another Sonic Adventure 1 minus characters being restricted to one gametype.

Yes, this would be nearly perfect for me.
I would also like the no-save option from Sonic 3&K I always think it's fun to see how far you can get in one sitting.
The story should be much less important as well. Cutscenes between levels maybe.

Afeature I would like to see is the Story Scene Select from Sonic Adventure 2, but instead of starting from certain points, start from the exact level you want.

NINJA COW said:
Blue Warrior said:

Yes, this would be nearly perfect for me.
I would also like the no-save option from Sonic 3&K I always think it's fun to see how far you can get in one sitting.
The story should be much less important as well. Cutscenes between levels maybe.

No. A save option should still be included but include a mode that negates the save/autosave option for players who want a challenge. You only have one life, no 1up monitors or gaing an extra life after a collection of 100 rings, not even continues. After completing the game, depending on the preformance of the playthrough (how fast you passed through acts & total score) , a specific reward should be granted.

Just one of the true ultimate sonic gamming experiences.

Chisuun said:
I'll ignore the first part of your post, thank you.

Autosaver said:
I think they should make another Sonic Unleashed with full day time stages. ^_^

Wait wait wait, if they're going to make a Unleashed sequel that contain day stages and ONLY say stages, they really need to improve them. Even as thrilling as they were on the 360, they seemed to be, quite often, hold boost to win. Also, like Blue said in another topic (or this one, I don't remember), speed should be earned, it shouldn't just be automatically granted. Then again, that was the case with Secret Rings )kind of) and look how that turned out...

No, you didn't ignore it. :p As you wouldn't know what I said.

TBH, I think the platforming ruins the game. Your boosting like crazy and suddenly your stopped due to a platform. Then you can boost like crazy again. ^_^

Autosaver said:
Chisuun said:
I'll ignore the first part of your post, thank you.

Autosaver said:
I think they should make another Sonic Unleashed with full day time stages. ^_^

Wait wait wait, if they're going to make a Unleashed sequel that contain day stages and ONLY say stages, they really need to improve them. Even as thrilling as they were on the 360, they seemed to be, quite often, hold boost to win. Also, like Blue said in another topic (or this one, I don't remember), speed should be earned, it shouldn't just be automatically granted. Then again, that was the case with Secret Rings )kind of) and look how that turned out...

TBH, I think the platforming ruins the game. Your boosting like crazy and suddenly your stopped due to a platform. Then you can boost like crazy again. ^_^

If you want a game like this, go play NFS/GT/Mario Kart.

Eh, I own two of those games.

But seriously, why the hell would Sega make you stop just to jump on a slow platform? (You can boost jump over it too... >_>)

I think they should make platforming a lot better. (Though, when I get the game my opinion might change)

Autosaver said:

Actually, I'm ignoring it so that this doesn't become something that'll be embarrassing to look back on later. (ex. previous arguments with Megamantn)

Then take out boosting. You'd have more fun if you're presented with a challenge rather than if you're just holding a button throughout the entire level.

My god, every opinion Autosaver gives is the same I am thinking, I would also like fast plataforming in Sonic Unleashed, I don´t know if I am right, but in Sonic and the Secret Rings I think Sonic ran faster.

No, I'd say that Sonic definitely ran faster in Unleashed.

Boosting is definitely a visual marvel in Unleashed (at least on the PS360 version) but, like every Sonic game since Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, it doesn't really seem to add too terribly much to the gameplay. If you've memorized the track for the level down, good for you, you can jump over and slide underneath obstacles while still boosting. however, I didn't like boosting in Sonic Unleashed simply because it felt like something was being granted to you.

This is probably a very repetitive argument, but I would really appreciate it if the developers of the next Sonic platformer would just take a look at the mechanics of the original sidescrollers and see how the level design of the original games what based around the momentum-based physics and study as to how that could transition over to 3D. Better yet, they don't even have to travel very far: Sonic Adventure was very close to the original formula that made Sonic what he was in the early 90s. It was the closest Sonic Team has come to creating a 3D Sonic game in the realm of 3D.

So, basically, what I want in the next Sonic platformer, is a game with Unleashed's visuals and long and broad levels (with some more challenge, please) but SA1's gameplay.

Also, if the character's were mutes, that'd be nice, too.

Actually, I'm ignoring it so that this doesn't become something that'll be embarrassing to look back on later. (ex. previous arguments with Megamantn)

All I have to say, you hurt my feelings in that post. :(

Oh and about the boost thing. I don't know, but its usually the classic fans that can't stand the new games. :p

Autosaver said:
Oh and about the boost thing. I don't know, but its usually the classic fans that can't stand the new games. :p

Most people who are not Sonic fans will tell you that the older games were superior to the newer ones. Being a nostalgiafag has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back