who likes dbz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you realize you're about 7 years late (maybe more?) to the DBZ fad >_>

furyhunter600 said:

Some people are still fans, even after the fad has passed. We didn't all drop it like a rock when our friends stopped liking it, because not all of us are that shallow.

;p

Kind of like me and SatAM. I never watched an episode until probably 8 years after the show was canceled. Its a sacrilege, I know...

Either way, I never really liked DBZ for the reasons below:

On the last episode of DBZ some guy threw a punch!

This episode, hero says two words to villian!

On the next episode, our hero will throw another punch!

Jazz said:

In the last game of Sonic the Hedgehog: Eggman plots to do some crazy shit so he can rule the world. It ends up blowing up in his face and Sonic has to go Super to stop it.. But not before every character in the game comes together and helps him.

In the next game of Sonic the Hedgehog: Same thing.

In the last Zelda: Ganondorf came back, the Princess is in danger, Link gets the Master Sword and defeats Ganondorf, who will inevitably be back again.

In the next Zelda: Same thing.

We're all addicted to strings of repetition in our media. ;P

Personally, I love Drgaonball Z, but it sucks that the whole Dragonball series is over. When I had my own comic book store I used to make my own comic books and I made one that was a continuation of Dragonball GT, I called It Dragonball Future. It had 5 different sagas on there. Maybe I'll post it up on here one day.

Result said:
Jazz said:

In the last game of Sonic the Hedgehog: Eggman plots to do some crazy **** so he can rule the world. It ends up blowing up in his face and Sonic has to go Super to stop it.. But not before every character in the game comes together and helps him.

In the next game of Sonic the Hedgehog: Same thing.

In the last Zelda: Ganondorf came back, the Princess is in danger, Link gets the Master Sword and defeats Ganondorf, who will inevitably be back again.

In the next Zelda: Same thing.

We're all addicted to strings of repetition in our media. ;P

Its not the repetition that I had a problem with. My problem is that some episodes would be NOTHING but the hero and villain talking about the fact that they might think about getting around to actually fighting during a standoff...

Thats a mouthful.

Jazz said:
Its not the repetition that I had a problem with. My problem is that some episodes would be NOTHING but the hero and villain talking about the fact that they might think about getting around to actually fighting during a standoff...

Thats a mouthful.

That's actually very few episodes, and is unfortunately the byproduct of the Dragonball Z anime trying to synch up with the manga. The manga takes longer to produce than the anime ( for some reason ), and they had to put in some heavy filler so they wouldn't get too far ahead. It's actually really common in anime, including Naruto.

Result said:
furyhunter600 said:

Some people are still fans, even after the fad has passed. We didn't all drop it like a rock when our friends stopped liking it, because not all of us are that shallow.

;p
DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Now the new fad is Naruto. Hate that shit.

MEGA1234411 said:
dbz is cool
MEGA1234411 said:
dbz is one of the best shows ever
Uh, care to add something INSIGHTFUL to the conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back