[Open Assets] Modern Sonic Abilities 4.0 BIG UPDATE

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
There's a bunch of abilities that you can think of! Even if it isn't MODERN. Sega really needs to include the three characters in the newer games...

Anyways, I have come up with some examples...
Tails's tail whip, spinning twister from Sonic Advance 3.
Tails's fist spin, the laser ball cannon, from Sonic Battle.
Knuckles's dig ability can be useful and maybe the forward dash punch with the flaming fist from Sonic Advance.
Knuckles's Rock Throw Ability and exploding fist punch, from Sonic Battle.

It's not that hard to think of these abilities. They aren't THAT modern, but there definitely NOT classic.

While those abilities sound cool and all I would think if anyone were to make extra abilities for Tails and Knuckles, I think it would be more on how they can move throughout the level like Sonic's Light Dash and Boost instead of offensive abilities.

Last edited:
While those abilities sound cool and all I would think if anyone were to make extra abilities for Tails and Knuckles, I think it would be more on how they can move throughout the level like Sonic's Light Dash and Boost instead of offensive abilities.
Yeah, SRB2 Enemies only die in one hit, and all you need to do is roll or jump into one to defeat it. No need for stealth, when you can just fly or glide and climb over them. This fits best for Sonic just because he is the least agile air wise.

Besides... Tails's ability to throw rings...? Already accomplished. If you were to code that, don't. Just turn on ring-slinger and your set!

The Match gametype fixed the bug!

GIF:
Yrl5ts8.gif

Wait, that invincibility sparkle IS A FAKE!

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

rF9R2iD.gif

Crap, those badass railers are gonna get me.

I don't seem to get the stomp bug (where you stomp on something and go flying up)
I have tried multiple times and can not seem to recreate it.

KuDzLDY.gif

Spin Jump + Stomp = Stomp Jump
Nice physics man.
Anyways, I'm using the character and the Lua script.

Last edited:
I am really enjoying this WAD, but I remember that the Boost would pull in Rings that are close to Sonic, and blasted enemies away [There WAS a Modern Shadow WAD I found that did just that, but I can't find it anymore, so I can't demonstrate], so maybe you could add that? Also, if you could use random voice clips for the Boost [As in one time he yells "Blast Away!" and the next time a different clip] it would be appreciated, but optional in my opinion. You might also want to add some more animations [think the Sonic w/ Fancy Movement WAD] as most are pretty basic.

Last edited:
Character and Lua script suggestion

Would you make a SonicRE version of this? cause I don't really like the SonicCE sprites at all. And I'm not asking you to replace it.

Last edited:
Would you make a SonicRE version of this? cause I don't really like the SonicCE sprites at all. And I'm not asking you to replace it.
Brilliant Idea - especially because SonicRE's sprites are also used in the Fancy Movement WAD. So, we can have ModernAbilities, ModernAbilitiesSonicCE, and ModernAbilitiesSonicRE.

The main reason i chose SonicCe in the first place was because SonicRe was being used for everything else. (GreenEyes, Fancymovement, etc)
so i thought it would be appropriate to use SonicCe for this time around.

The main reason I chose SonicCE in the first place was because SonicRE was being used for everything else. (GreenEyes, Fancymovement, etc)
so I thought it would be appropriate to use SonicCE for this time around.

I guess I'll take your word for it.

Last edited:
The main reason i chose SonicCe in the first place was because SonicRe was being used for everything else. (GreenEyes, Fancymovement, etc)
so i thought it would be appropriate to use SonicCe for this time around.
I see, but being able to choose your Sonic would be nice... But CE isn't so bad, plus CE looks more Modern-y, so I understand.

Having fun with some custom abilities

0wu3zRf.gif

You can stomp and homing attack too? that's awesome.
This add-on really makes fabulous custom abilities!

srb20048.gif
Wheeeeeee~

.. Literally just holding JUMP and STOMP at the same time. Not even holding forward. ;D

( This glitch is amazing. Never fix this. ;< )

When you're Super, and you try to boost, your rings should drain a little faster. Like in Sonic Generations.

Last edited:
Wouldn't a Drift ability be kind-of useless? I mean, wouldn't having the Strafe keys, plus Caps Lock set to Center View, allow you to get a Drift-like effect? Plus, all the buttons are used up. Besides, you know how awkward it'd be reaching all over the keyboard as if your hand is playing Twister with it?

Attachments

• Strafe-Drift.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 632
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back