how do i draw sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tophat8

paints too hard to make the shape of a character and what the heck am i suppose to do to make sprites? i know what my sprites are gonna look like but i don't know how to draw them is a simpler way to say it, i finished the coding and stuff...but the sprites are too hard i would of tryed to use sonic sprites and edit them but that means getting my topic locked so auuuuuugh i wanna make my wad T_T

Pick up a pencil, and a piece of paper, and just... draw. Then scan it, color it, and fix up the lines.

Well, I think that's how the sprites in SRB2.srb was made. I know that's what I did for my (crappy) character WAD.

Age has nothing to do with art skill, intelligence, or spiritual maturity.

If you can't draw anything good on paper, and you can't draw anything decent with paint, then don't expect to make a character WAD. There's no magical generator, or anything like that. Everything has to be done manually, if you can't do that, then you can't make a character WAD.

.................fine

...i will never go on this site again then the only thing i really wanted to do is make a wad, and that chance is ruined if thats true..................................................................................................................................... *stabs myself with knife and blood splats over all the text*

I applaud you for being that determined, but I must also question your reasoning abilities. I suppose it's better to cut yourself over poor art skills than because you want to be "emo." But still.

As I know you were expecting sympathy, I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done. As I said, there's no magical generator, no easy way to do this. This is not my fault, if you have to blame someone, blame the Goddesses/God/Allah/Whoever you believe has control over these things.

Your being immature. Especially your sig. I don't think you can do it without a scanner. But don't give up. Do something else.

Taking photos with a digital camera or a cellphone then copying the data to the computer? That would be a good replacement for a scanner (and no, I don't feel like doing that with SRB2-Town right now, so don't ask me to do that :P).

Suggestion: take a large photo. Make sure constrast is good enough. On the computer, make it pure black and white (even Paint can do this). Then use the fill tool to put the colors, and scale down. You're done.

Yes, I know this doesn't allow for shading normally, but there's a trick. Just divide the place where the shading changes with a line like any other place where you draw. Set the shading colors like you want. Once you're done, draw over that division and make it the same as one of the shading colors. You got it :)

tophat8.png

Am I the only person that wants to add "by himself" to the end of all those lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back