What old srb2 version do you miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could just go here http://www.srb2.org/historic-downloads/

That is odd, it runs great on my PC! Wow, did Srb2 start out as that? It's come a long way.

By the way, I will convert the old Greenflower from v0.93 to v2.0, and I will send it to whoever wants it.

Actually it started out as something even more primitive. A "click" programmed fangame.

And I already beat you to the conversion in SRB2TP, but that shouldn't stop you from releasing a standalone version.

Yeah, and it would be about 6 minutes long in total.
I'd prefer a lot of good and entertaining levels with only moderate length, rather than having them drag on for too long. I can never put myself to finish ERZ again because the length of the stage makes it boring when I replay it, while I've replayed THZ2 a few times because it's easy to just cruise through.
Other than the uniqueness of the old multiplayer system (which was awfully broken) and a few multiplayer stages (I'm curious as to how they'd work if they were remodeled for v2.0), I don't miss anything from the old versions.

Last edited:
Whats the super sonic joke thing about?
what happens?

Instead of the usual Super Sonic, think Sonic with a Superman cape.

Chaos mode was suppose to be, if i remember correctly, a multiplayer robot storm with the aim of getting the most points. (IMO, this may had worked better as a difficulty than a mode)

I wish i was around during 1.09.4. But since ive only been on SRB2 for a year ive only experienced 2.04 and up. I was funny in 2.04 how you could steal someones emeralds when they were super with one recycle. It might be cheap but it works.

I miss 1.09.4a and 1.08, mainly because it was when I was introduced to srb2 the wads and CHAOS mode. (Yes the caps are needed thank you very much).

I miss 1.09.4 (I started playing srb2 in 2009 when that was the current version) and also SSNTails. You should release what you had of srb2 xmas 1.0 done like when you had released those old levels from 1999.

I miss 1.08. I used to play 4.35 in a LAN party for most of my school time, and when 1.08 came out, it was a big deal. I joined the community, and found a lot of awesome WADs. I also made my own, like Kirby and Metal Sonic. And it was nice having a441 and JTE as part of the active community. Then as time passed by, a lot of mature oldbies kept leaving, and maintaining the MB and IRC channels felt more like a chore.

If your looking for 1.09.4 just search for finaldemo1094.exe on Goole and click the 1st one. I did it and I always play 1.09.4. For some reason I don't have a good interest in the acual game in 2.0.6 so I just use it for net games. I miss using Mystic Realm in 1.09.4 because it was quite the challange. I completed it as Knuckles. It was hard but it was fun.

Last edited:
v1.09.4.. that was the time when SRB2 had some of the greatest MODs ever..
Unfortunatley, most of them don't exist anymore.. :(

I don't know of any great mod that doesn't exist anymore, except for JTE and SPMoves maybe. Most of it was either ported or wasn't good anyway. (Although there were some great SP contest levels, but I can still play them in 1.09.4 if I want to).

A few mods such as Srb2jte,srb2riders and xsrb2 can be found in the outdated archives section on the main page of the message board.

2.0.4--the last version of SRB2 not to include the MFE camera. I still sincerely hope that v2.0.7 will scrap it, or at least allow it to be toggled on and off.

Every time you comment on that, I'm left to wonder why you are using analog anyway. But yeah, that camera can be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back