The SRB2 Master Server (SRB2MS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope they fix it. (For the sake of those Asian players though, not me.)

What is the bug excactly?

Apache kill its children processes at a certain time, and the MSCP has a process controller for rebuilding, starting, stopping and restarting the MS daemon built into its God Mode features.

Unfortunately, this means it kills the MS too.

Um, I think there's something wrong with the master server.. You see, I checked the MS Listing here, it says there are some people hosting and stuff... well when I try to connect to the MS and Join one of these servers, it says that there was a Problem connecting to it.

Is this somekind of bug? :?

Um, I think there's something wrong with the master server.. You see, I checked the MS Listing here, it says there are some people hosting and stuff... well when I try to connect to the MS and Join one of these servers, it says that there was a Problem connecting to it.

Is this somekind of bug? :?

The actual MS isn't up yet. Since the MS is linked with the MB, we think it's up because we can see it, but it's really not. Which is why you can't connect ingame.

spam protection?

it would be a good idea to have like server spam protection. (im sure everybody knows what spamming is). like if someone spams a message more than three times in a ROW (not in one sentence) they would get auto kicked. it does sound like a good idea doesnt it?

@Trentdude2:

No, that is a horrible idea. Some people type really fast and type their sentences in multiple parts, so they would end up getting kicked because they're a fast typer.
Stupid, absolutely stupid.

I think he meant spamming as in 'posting the exact same message multiple times in a row'.

But it´d have to be in case insensitive, because people could just type:

say Lol; say LOl; say LOL; say lol

Another problem is that the worst spam is not the one in wich the user keeps pressing up-enter to say the same thing, but multi-message one, the ones that unleash countless randomness in 1 click... but for the ones that don´t know, I better not say how it´s done or else, I´d just make netgames spammier.

But still it would kinda help since not everybody knows how to do that one-click endless spam. And for those that do know, you all know better than that. I mean spamming is just so childish.

The only thing that sucks is that the Master Server died on 9/11 and the SRB2 developers are trying to get it to work again for later versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back