• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A pony.wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulite1110

Making Computer chips.
After finishing Bunnie I though I would make another sally.wad, but since the whole pony thing has taken off.
Model after one of my sister ponies, those little pony toys from McDonalds.
RAINBOWDASH.jpg

rainset.jpg

I know Rainbow Dash has more colors, I'll fix that later.
the last 5 are bases to make other ponies.
i was thinking of making the existing ponies from the show, or make ones base of of sonic, tails, and knuckles. with different names of course.

Soulite1110, first tip is that you shouldn't save your sprites in JPEG, and if your image host converts it to JPEG, then you should probably find a new host since it gives bad impressions on your spriting ability.

Now, I like your character select picture, but instead of studying the toys, try and study some official art or a still of an episode to get proportions and colours right. For example, the head is too small compared to the body along with eye proportions to the head. The legs are also quite long and some detail is missing in the cutie mark. The final quam is the colour, the blue is slightly out and needs to be brighter whereas the tail and mane need a bit of editing, seeing as the colours don't need to be that spread apart, they could probably be two pixels thick each at the root.

Ignore Blade, spriters just love to show off their better stuff against others who try to do the same character. Just keep trying a bit.
Blade, continue it please.

Last edited:
Clannad: Friendship is Magic.

That looks nothing like Rainbow Dash. I'm sorry. Blade's looks better because it's more true to the character design, the style of the show AND the style of SRB2 too

Also wtf Violo i thought I was the only Australian here

Yeah compare to Blade, it no longer looks like Rainbow Dash.
Thanks Violo a picture is a lot better than the cheap toy. I was using Photobucket as an uploader, all my original pictures are bmp format. Any suggestions on a better way to upload my photos. Remembering back then, there was a way of uploading photos with out a uploader, but I don't know now. That was like 3 years ago.

I would suggest Imageshack, but now you need an account for it to get direct links so it's now pretty unreliable.
Tinypic is an interesting choice, though you get a random filename.
You should probably go through them all and find one which you like the most.
If you need a reference for some of this sprites however:

The picture also links to the respective Wikia page, so if you need references for different angles or other characters, that should help.
Good luck I say.

Omg lol!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait for this. But the only problem is, what's its character ability going to be?

Last edited:
Thanks Violo, i'll check these uploaders. Teaked the char for Rainbow Dash, created new char for Applejack, new standing sprites for for both Applejack and Rainbow Dash with a new base. I just need to get to a computer now.

Ok, that is awesome! Though I think the stance in Blade's is a little better, I like Monster's more overall.

Last edited:
While I do think Monster's sprite looks closer to the show, Blade's RD fits SRB2 more and has a better pose.

All I want is Monster's head and Blade's body and then it will be perfect.
Isn't this topic about someone else's WAD though? xD

All I want is Monster's head and Blade's body and then it will be perfect.

^this. MonsterIestyn's has better eyes and all, but the body looks like Rainbow Dash went anorexic. Pop her head off, and put it on Blade's, touch it up, and win all around.

And yeah, I think this was about Soulites, Rainbow Dash. I'd like to know what kind of progress he made, if he made any. In fact, I'd like to know if Blade, MonsterIestyn, or any of them made any progress. I really do want a pony I can play as sometime soon.
And of course a pony that I can cheaply edit to make my own pony wad. :3

Wow... That's just mean. This topic isn't about blade's/monster's sprites and probably just discouraged the hell out of soulite. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back