2014, the Year of 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I don't like about Meadow Match is that there's too much sightline in one half of the field, which biases it toward rail. You could easily fix that by adding some cover near the open side of the pond... like maybe a tunnel or something. That would also be good for the bounce ring.

I think fundamentally it's fine though.

I don't know if the devs will ever bother to touch Meadow Match, but, for the record, I really like this idea.

Well that means there's gotta be some way to do it yourself, right?

We have no support for additional bots. You could modify the source to get different behaviors, but there's no way in vanilla SRB2 to do this at all.

No it would be better to make movies in mpeg, mp4, avi, etc instead of "GIF" even that looks funny but I say what is for those who like to upload videos to youtube, Or maybe add the two options.

Doom has no native support for anything like that and it's not even worth the time investment to do that. Use screen capture software for that.

Once 2.1 is released, how long will it take for a Mac port to be made?

I expect one would probably be out very quickly, but if not, it's quite simple to compile SRB2 on OS X. I'm not sure if it still applies, but in the past, SRB2's official release has been built with VC6, which has issues interacting with gcc (and presumably, Apple's Clang) built SRB2 executables in netgames, so if that is still the case you would want to use DarWine to run the official Windows release instead (if you care about netgaming).

Hey. Haven't posted here in years (Waiting for NiGHTS mode)
But I was thinking I might ask about it, because why not?
So I remember I heard paraloops are tighter. Is this true? How similar is it to the flow of actual NiD?
Can you do multiple laps around and have items (rings/wings) reappear?
Are the Special Stages set up as Single or Multimare?

1) The tighter paralooping makes the entirety of NiGHTS mode way more fun and not at all frustrating, the way it was before. It's not completely comparable to NiD, but it doesn't need to be, as NiD had a ton of specific features that SRB2 just doesn't, and what we've got in 2.1 is way more than adequate.
2) Yes.
3) Special stages are single mare. Original TUDD had them going multimare but that was way too much of a hassle to do when I was being faced with various constraints on how long the stages needed to be. Multimare is still available as an option for anyone wanting to use it though.

A'ight. Cool, cool. It's looking really great. This game constantly looks better and better. Can't wait to start playing again~
Thanks for answering those so fast. Even more excited to see new NiGHTS mode in action. Haha.

Are you guys actually still considering making it so that the game gives you more and more lives per game over?

Just curious, because I don't think I'll ever manage to get past Egg Rock Zone otherwise. XD It totally massacres me.

--
Also, the new multiplayer maps, have they changed at all since the open Beta? Like, did you cut some of them out totally, or make any noticeable changes to them? Just curious.

A'ight. Cool, cool. It's looking really great. This game constantly looks better and better. Can't wait to start playing again~
Thanks for answering those so fast. Even more excited to see new NiGHTS mode in action. Haha.

Me too, actually. The new special stages are actually what I'm looking forward to the most.

With the older versions of SRB2, I actively AVOID picking up special stage tokens just because of how much I hate the old special stages. They just weren't fun.

Now I'll actually be obsessively hunting for them, JUST to play the NiGHTs gameplay. I really enjoy it. XD

Little known to many people, the most recent patch of SRB2 DID include BRAND NEW COLORS!!! These colors are so new, they don't even have defined names. They exist outside the color wheel, unknown to humans before SRB2 implemented them! Sick shit, right? Unfortunately, the human eye only has 3 color-receiving cones, and so these colors have gone unnoticed by all srb2-players, except for some species of butterfly and mantis shrimp. So unless you stock up on some new cones for your eyes, M.V, then you'll just have to stick with the same old color wheel as the rest of us.

I know that the updates are the only way to know what is done or not, but can someone list what IS finished in SRB2 2.1 as of 2/14/14?

...Or you could read the wiki article that documents literally all the public 2.1 information.

Just a thought.

...Or you could read the wiki article that documents literally all the public 2.1 information.

Just a thought.

Well that did confirm that the multiplayer stages have changed, I guess I should have checked that first. :S

But I found nothing about if you guys are following through on that game over = you start with more lives.

Well that did confirm that the multiplayer stages have changed, I guess I should have checked that first. :S

But I found nothing about if you guys are following through on that game over = you start with more lives.

You will most likely start out with three lives like any Sonic game when you get a Game Over and use a continue like how it is now.

Will 2.1 have new skidding sprites for the characters?

Will black Eggman have more abilities? That according to the sounds of the srb2.srb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back