What is everyone working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOODNESS
I want it so bad. ;w;

Well I'm sorry, I can't get it out of SketchUp intact, let alone get ANYTHING into Generations. Nobody in Retro is willing to help me either. Melpontro kinda started helping me with Crawla, and then he kinda stopped.

Well I'm sorry, I can't get it out of SketchUp intact, let alone get ANYTHING into Generations. Nobody in Retro is willing to help me either. Melpontro kinda started helping me with Crawla, and then he kinda stopped.

Why not? Not got a licensed copy of Sketchup?

You're probably much better off using 3DS Max. This guide that I made should help you get started. If you have any questions, I can try to help you through PM. Be wary that I'm not a great teacher, so things may get a little bit confusing.

Why not? Not got a licensed copy of Sketchup?
Well, not yet I don't. ;)

You're probably much better off using 3DS Max. This guide that I made should help you get started. If you have any questions, I can try to help you through PM. Be wary that I'm not a great teacher, so things may get a little bit confusing.

1. I've been following that guide. None of the guides on Retro have been all too helpful, to be brutally honest with you. Otherwise I would have had Crawla over Motobug working by now.
2. I hate 3DS Max with a passion. I've always preferred Lightwave. I only use 3DS Max as a medium for converting models for use in games, and so far that's worked okay for getting models from Lightwave to Source, but SketchUp just has virtually no exporting options in the free version; just a broken DAE exporter.

Last edited:
Other than several writing and essay projects for university, from essays on why your favourite books and movies are terrible to creative pieces about Tiny Tim becoming the second Scrooge in a Christmas Carol, I've actually been working on designing and balancing a few tabletop RPG campaigns.

Which is undoubtably the single most nerdy thing possible, but oh well. It's been a lot fun playing around with the strengths and weaknesses of my player group to create some fun games, from old school traditional D&D to something more out there, like a fan made Homestuck Roleplay, which has caused time travel shenanigans abound and randomised classes making things more than a little insane to balance well.

As someone who is being forced to use 3DS in his first semester of Games Programming... I would never wish the use of that thing on anyone.

Here are a whole bunch of on-the-spot improvisations on piano that I've recorded. I chose the ones I liked most to keep here, several of which will be redone completely (with more instruments than just piano) and finalized for a game I'm making. Since they're all on-the-spot, and not meant to be performance improvs, I didn't worry about wrong notes/pauses, so be warned. Oh, also, some of these were recorded before I knew how to get rid of static when connecting directly from my keyboard to computer, so there's some really annoying static in some of these.

Improv - A Chance Encounter
Improv - Creepy Song (Warning: Very loud and static-ee)
Improv - Deep Consideration
Improv - Don't Lose Hope - At the Brink of Battle
Improv - Dramatic
Improv - Gentle Waves
Improv - March - Fight for Freedom
Improv - Random
Improv - Stream's Flow
Improv - Stream's Flow 2
Improv - Something is Very Wrong
Improv - Some Good Ideas, but Super Long

Last edited:
Ultimate, those were excellent. Listened to everything on your soundcloud and bookmarked the page for good measure.

Something I think everybody will recognize.
1024x768.resizedimage

1024x768.resizedimage

Official textures to soon be imported, with the exceptions of 2 wall textures I feel look better.

If it works good enough, I may attempt to port it to Generations later for classic Sonic

I'm also working on this as well:
school_progress_2_by_glaber-d5uzu49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back