Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove it. I can't think of any scenario where you're standing perpendicular to the force of gravity where the game says "well, that's totally legal, let him stay there".

I've never seen Sonic ever able to stand on a 90 degree wall in any game (not counting 06, since that game doesn't exist). Yes, that includes S4. Would you mind showing me where he starts standing on a wall?

On a 40~45 degree slope back in Sonic 1, it's very possible to get Sonic's speed to exactly 0px/frame, which will get him to stand on a slope that he definitely should not be standing on. For what it's worth, most of the complaints I see in S4 are "HE'S STANDING ON A 30 DEGREE SLOPE, WHAT IS THIS SHIT".

A lot of games can be beaten with holding forward/right and a jump here and there. You are missing the point if that is all you do. You obviously won't be getting all the secret, alternate routes, faster routes, and a top score.
Which I don't understand why, considering it falls into most of the traps the previous games did with regards to design, and has one of the worst finishing zones of any Sonic game to date to boot (Terminal Velocity).
No new big characters, no stupid gimmicks thrown in(werehog, medal collecting), complete new voice cast, reviewers praising the game, etc.

I don't know which issues are you talking about. I thought Terminal Velocity was epic considering it had some of the best graphics the Wii has ever had. It was only 1 act and a very short second act. :/

In my opinion, Sonic 4 has the worst finishing zone. Rehashing rehashed bosses = fun!

There is your problem. Sonic Colors "broke" the Sonic cycle and has been recognized as the best Sonic game ever made since the classics.
The problem is that I broke the Sonic cycle myself back in 2004 when I purchased Heroes and decided I'd had enough and I wasn't going to pay attention to the series anymore. While I admit I played the two Rush games (purchased used on the recommendations of others in #srb2fun), otherwise I haven't played a Sonic game since then and to tell you the truth, I really don't feel like I've been missing out one bit.

Their attempts to finally fix their mascot franchise have come WAY too late for many people, myself included, as I have personally moved on to other games in franchises that don't have these problems, such as the aforementioned Mario, whose games I still play religiously. Sonic is now a nostalgic memory of my childhood; they don't make Sonic games anymore.

So if this game gets better ratings then Colors, offers classic 2D Sonic gameplay, and expands the franchise like never before, you still wouldn't play the game?
I really don't feel like I've been missing out one bit.
You are, go buy Sonic Colors.

I swear if the 2D gameplay is just like Sonic 4 Episode 1 with the awful physics and all that stuff, I won't even think of buying the game.

...they don't make Sonic games anymore.
I'd rather confront the problem rather than be defeated outright and make outright false statements like this one (good Sonic games, yes, Sonic games in general, no).

I just wish there was something I could do other than bitch about it on a forum that nobody of particular importance is going to read anyway.

I dunno but for some reason I'm always attracted to Sonic games more then Mario. This may be to my tastes but I haven't quit Sonic entirely yet.

This is probably because I spent so much time playing the older games that I thought there must be something better out there, and I knew what potential a good Sonic game would bring. Now that everyone sorta left him I feel like I'm the outlier, with 6 year olds still loving him because they never played a Mario game(or a game in general), or with gurus who bash a game down based on old roots.

I don't see Sonic as a franchise, I see him as a series of games. If a couple of games are bad I don't care.

This is coming from the guy who disliked SM64, Mario Galaxy 1 and a whole bunch of so called "good titles", so why does my opinion count?

So if this game gets better ratings then Colors, offers classic 2D Sonic gameplay, and expands the franchise like never before, you still wouldn't play the game?
It simply comes down to money. Since Sonic is so inconsistent and frequently awful, it simply makes more financial sense for me to spend my money on games I know I'm going to like instead of games I might like. If someone, say, gave me a copy of Sonic Colors for free I'd likely play it, but there is just no reason for me to spend money on a franchise I no longer care about and frequently extremely dislike.

I swear if the 2D gameplay is just like Sonic 4 Episode 1 with the awful physics and all that stuff, I won't even think of buying the game.

Just imagine. You know its bad when the guys on retro can make their own sonic games from scratch, and even recreate the engine, from scratch!

A HD port for Sonic Colors...?
What for...?
I have the game now and it looks perfectly fine on my SUCKISH television screen...

I am rather late to the topic, but I digress.

The idea of Classic Sonic at first shocked me, not negatively, but in the sense I never thought they would do it; But as usual CGI-Teasers go, nothing really to base my opinion on. (though I am keeping my eyes on this).

But on to the game itself, Does anyone remember the favorite level poll on Facebook? I have a feeling this game might involve that. (and if that's the case, the game must have been in planning for some time).

Aside from that, The whole everything white but the route itself has me curious, along with good ol' Black eyes, But I guess we will learn more in the coming weeks as those tweets prove.

This section of the page is definitely lacking some Greg here...
GroupGregs.jpg

It simply comes down to money. Since Sonic is so inconsistent and frequently awful, it simply makes more financial sense for me to spend my money on games I know I'm going to like instead of games I might like. If someone, say, gave me a copy of Sonic Colors for free I'd likely play it, but there is just no reason for me to spend money on a franchise I no longer care about and frequently extremely dislike.
http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Colors-...IIPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302369855&sr=8-1
20 dollars, extremely cheap game!

After a game gets praised by reviewers and the fanbase, you still think you might not like the game based on previous titles? Who cares if you no longer care about the franchise and frequently disliked whatever came out before! You're passing by a great gem for your Wii.
Would you buy the game if it was "Mario Colors"?

You don't even have to buy it, you can rent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back