Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this game is picking the best levels of the Sonic franchise, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having one of Shadow's SA2 levels. I doubt they would interfere with the story(if any).

From what I've seen, the camera needs to pull out in the classic sonic segments. If the physics are back to normal but the camera still treats it like modern sonic then it will feel a little strange. As others have mentioned, some of the momentum at the tube and the ramp is questionable.

This may not be a bad game, but I want to point out the reason I don't own Colors or Sonic 4 is not because they're bad games (both have their issues, some minor and some dramatic), but because they're not good enough to justify the price of purchase. Before college I could afford to buy a so-so game that I enjoy, although even then I tended to get them at discount or as a gift.

Besides, if I got this it would need to be for my brother's 360.

EDIT: That said, I do sometimes appreciate being able to TALK about a game that I like without sparking a flame war.

Since this game is picking the best levels of the Sonic franchise, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having one of Shadow's SA2 levels. I doubt they would interfere with the story(if any).

Well, it's Sonic story, so we'll probably have Sonic's own stages in SA2 instead. And, I really doubt this will have any relevance in Sonic's future, just like Sonic 4, I bet 100$ that Sonic will never have a single direct reference to Sonic Generations and Sonic 4 in the future (Like with Sonic Adventure in Sonic Heroes, or Sonic Adventure 2 in Shadow the Hedgehog).

I'd have liked to see an actually relevant game when it comes to storyline for his 20th aniversary, but eh, can't get 'em all.

Modern Sonic is disappointing from the videos.

If you still need him to be in 2D in majority of the level for there to be challenge, just scrap the whole crossover idea. It doesn't work when it basically feels like a model switch.

I always thought the games should include a special type of enemy that would be really obvious(so you could avoid him before you ran into it) but hits you so hard it slows you down tremendously, even more if you were boosting before you got hit. That, and make challenging levels like SA2.

Hey guys, they showed us just gameplay of GHZ, the first zone. That doesn't mean that all of the levels are going to be on this difficulty...

Being the first level of the game isn't an excuse for being boring. Green Hill Zone in Sonic 1 wasn't this boring, and Classic Sonic's version of Green Hill Zone doesn't look nearly as boring as Modern Sonic's does.

Hey guys, they showed us just gameplay of GHZ, the first zone. That doesn't mean that all of the levels are going to be on this difficulty...

Except City Escape in SA2 and Emerald Coast in SA1 were much challenging, and those were the first stages you had to go through before you unlocked any other character.

Oh yeah, and if Sonic 06 wasn't as broken, Wave Ocean would have been much more challenging then what we have seen so far of Green Hill Zone in modern form.

Last edited:
Eggmanland probably goes down in history as the most evil/longest level. Ever.

Anyway, I hope to see Metal Harbor revised, as that is my all-time favorite SA2 Stage.

I'd like to see a Perfect Chaos boss battle. That would be awesome, but I'm doubtful if it would happen.

I'd like to see a Perfect Chaos boss battle. That would be awesome, but I'm doubtful if it would happen.

Actually, This has left me curious as to what Sega has in terms of Boss battles.

The classic era has multiple Eggmobile machines.

the Dreamcast era has some Eggman Bosses, Chaos, Bio Lizard (and Hazard), G.U.N. Big Foot/ Hot Shot, and the two Pyramid bosses.

And the Modern Era has multiple bosses over the years (Multiple monsters like Solaris, Dark Gaia, Erazor, And some Eggman bosses too, And I don't remember what else)

I don't have a problem if they do it, but I kinda hope these are redone in a better fashion.

How about trying to get a high rank, high score, flawless game, or speed run on the modern Sonic levels? I think the modern Sonic levels were supposed to be meant for those listed.

Jeez, stop complaining; if you think the game is boring, then just don't buy it.

What I think about the word, GENERATIONS, is that it means renewed or upgraded. If anything, they should call it SONIC UPGRADES. But I really think that SEGA should create a game like srb2 for the ps2 or ps3 download stations.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

AND, I have a question for the Sonic Generations Topic. What about having Metal Sonic involved. I mean, you can't create games after games using one, two, or three characters all the time. Create some more awsome characters.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

And, they should bring back old game levels for like bonuses.

What I think about the word, GENERATIONS, is that it means renewed or upgraded. If anything, they should call it SONIC UPGRADES. But I really think that SEGA should create a game like srb2 for the ps2 or ps3 download stations.
Not really sure why it should be called Sonic Upgrades when it isn't about the game getting renewed or upgraded, but the levels and gameplay being revamped and revived, besides, Generations makes more sense considering it has to do with the other generations of sonic levels with two different generations of Sonic as playable characters.

Besides, I don't think there are power ups/upgrades in this game.

AND, I have a question for the Sonic Generations Topic. What about having Metal Sonic involved. I mean, you can't create games after games using one, two, or three characters all the time. Create some more awsome characters.
First, yea, Metal Sonic would be awesome for this game. Second, over the past 20 years Sonic has been used, and no one has had a problem with it.

And Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow have been confirmed to be in the game. Not playable mind you, but in the game nevertheless, Better for Sega to figure out how to handle Sonic before dabbling with other character's gameplay.

And, they should bring back old game levels for like bonuses.

Not sure what you mean here, The WHOLE game is about bringing back old Sonic levels. Unless you mean you want Sega to pull more than a few little drops of similarities and make it complete rehashing.

I mean no problems with little callbacks like the double S slopes in GHZ and then the ramp...But if you are meaning to say Sega should completely remake GHZ like Sonic 1's to the very end...erm...Let's just say I hope they don't do that...

Wait do I see people saying first level is gonna be boring?
Come on people why are you calling yourself Sonic fans when you bitch about every single sonic game (except S3aK)? And how can you bitch even about game that wasnt even released? Really what the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back