Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
hsj0ix.png

This pretty much speaks for itself.

I was testing out some custom thing scenery for my level pack revival whatsit, and, for some reason, each and every one of the things were buried underground. (Notice how the big fern clips behind the grass thing despite being in front of it.)

First attempt, replacing the mario bushes: underground things. Second attempt, using freeslots: still underground things.

I even tried putting them a little bit above the ground, but they just fell right back into the positions shown in the screenshot!

I have literally no idea why it does this, so some help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you align the sprites properly?
Now I feel stupid because I never knew that had to be done with SRB2 sprites. Anyways...

9kp6w4.png
29cqdd3.png

Here are the sprites. Tall plant is 60x90 pixels, short plant is 68x48 pixels. If there's something wrong with them, tell me, because I'm stumped.

They look fine. It's most likely something in the WAD itself causing this. Look at other decoration items and compare them to yours, check for anything different.

Yeah, check the sprites' offsets in whatever you use to add them into a wad.

I know XWE easily switches to showing sprites relative to a grid when offsets are not (0,0), which makes it very easy to check if your sprites are too low down, but SLADE sometimes needs to be set to "Sprite" rather than "Auto" to check sprite offsets like that.

EDIT: Ah hang on, having said that just now, maybe the problem could be no sprite offsetting applied at all? Offsets of 0 on both axis would definitely make sprites appear to be under the ground.

Last edited:
Like Monster Iestyn said in his edit, it is probably the error of offsets. I remember when I didn't change the offsets on this one skin I was making and always when I would play the game and my character would have been, as you say, "buried under the ground".

(Btw, nice avatar.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back