Duke Nukem Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

Duke Nukem Forever is dead...

3D Realms have closed their doors...

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58519

...well, there goes all hope we had for SRB2 ever finishing. *mauled*

This is a sad, sad day for gaming. The worst part is that even if the game absolutely sucked, it would have sold like nuts thanks to the stigma associated with DNF.

No more jokes about how SRB2 final coming out 4 months after DNF? What has the world come to?

Goodbye DNF, looks like that now stands for did not finish. Well, at least I have Bionic Commando to look forward to.

The first thing that came to mind was "We won!"

I think it's fairly ironic that a professional game company announces that it's dumping a massive project, when a few fans are just getting ready for a major release of a project that took just as long.

Duke Nukem For-Never! *mauled*

Seriously though, this sucks utter balls. I was looking forward to the game.. when it eventually would be released.

It was entertaining in it's own way. But it was more of a game to play on a rainy day while drooling at the sight of provocative images women and strippers while using ominous weapons to destroy boars and other aliens.

But I knew it wasn't going to happen reguardless. Games like that now a days will just be blamed for how violent or how much smut was added into it. But more importantly, how generic it might of been as well and from what generation and type of game it was. I figure a mindless shooter with women is enough to show my point?

Sure, FPS are the fad of gamming that really haven't hit the bucket yet (emphasis on "yet"), but a sight of another will just be an overflow.

I say, leave good title from the past alone and let them be legends. Unless you know how to really bring it back from the dead.

:SonicMaster: said:
Pfft, whatever. If I'm not mistaken, it had a lot of sex, right? In that case, hooray for it dying. =D
This is probably the most narrow-minded thing you've ever said on this message board. To begin with, you're not even sure about what you just claimed. Then to say you're glad the development team went out of business because their games may have contained some unsavory material? You seem to think the world revolves around you, so I'm here to tell you that it doesn't. Moreover, the only "sex" in Duke Nukem is minor, pixelated nudity in like one level of DN3D. It's even fully optional. You have no legitimate reason to complain.

I cant say I'm surprised, bearing in mind this game was announced forever ago (I know that was bad but all the good ones were taken)

Way to miss the point. I'm calling you out on your utter narrow-mindedness, can you seriously not see that? Regardless of how long the game was taking to develop, it still had to be budgeted somehow. All that time, effort, and money has now gone to waste, and you just brush it off with the morally backward statement of "well it may have had sex in it so I'm glad it's gone."

I didn't care much for the game myself, but I at least have more respect for the people who were behind it than that.

Autosaver said:
Producers making it at home?

Srsly.

I didn't really know much about this game, but I feel sorry that all that time, money, and effort of development has gone down the shitter. Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back