Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be noted that this has already been accomplished for the software renderer in JTE's SPmoves mod for version 1.08. But just as Sik said, he wasn't able to get it working in openGL.

I've just had a thought - If Sonic, Tails and Knuckles can all go super in Match, doesn't that mean any other character added on will be able to turn super in Match as well? If so, what would they be able to do?

I got a good idea, but is about wad, could edit the super color in the wad, like this:

ex.jpg

SS.gif

Is just a idea

It would work because it wouldn't need to keep sending a color change each tic, like the color script, just base the color off the current leveltime like the power flower.

Even better, the each client can check the Super status and do the color animations by themselves. After all, which color is being shown currently doesn't affect gameplay.

Ash said:
Senku Niola said:
Teleport sectors to allow alot of other stuff to go through them, robots, gargoyles, etc.

Pushable objects can go through teleports.

Actually, teleports seem to be the one thing that pushable objects won't work with. Either that, or I'm not doing it right.

Don't forget to carry the discussions to the discussion topic.
Sik said:
Chaos Knux said:
If you mean so you can keep track of time while playing, use windowed mode.
Not everybody wants to use windowed mode (I never play SRB2 in windowed mode in fact, too small for me). Also not everybody has a clock next to the computer :P
I only play in windowed when I'm in OpenGL, because at least then I can use a big window.

and Ash. I had Teamspeak Overlay beta, which had a clock and FPS counter, and worked in both renderers (fullscreen only for Software, and didn't look too great in OpenGL). And you don't even need to have Teamspeak running to use it. It can crash games sometimes though. I stopped using it when it started to crash Freelancer every time I changed screen modes.

But yeah. You can more or less see what it looks like in this screenshot. Pretty screenshot too.

Monster Iestyn said:
Since there will be polyobjects in 1.1...

How about adding horizontally opening doors in levels like Doomship Zone or Eggrock Zone? I think they might suit the theme of either one.

And maybe Thwomp Blocks that move left, right, forwards, or backwards or even upwards, rather than downwards?

Polyobjects move vertexes, so it's definitely possible (all of the things you stated, and more).

I'll Begin said:
He means he wants them in those particular levels.

Only the horizontally opening doors idea. The thwomp thing was just an idea to be used in addons, mods, others like them... I don't think they should be needed for any of the singleplayer levels...

I thought the horizontally opening doors should fit with DZ or ERZ because they are mostly going to have mech/techno/robotic gimmicks in them. Now that I think of it, I think it may fit with Dark City Zone as well... But not as well as the other two zones I mentioned earlier...

My question about custom characters' Superforms in Match that I posted weeks ago has not been answered yet. (Why do I feel that some people, in some situations, simply don't want to take notice of me at all?)

<genericlevelmovietransitionquotes>

To build on to these, there should be a certain one for each Zone. GFZ3 should have a cutscene with a tunnel leading to THZ. THZ should have the train stop at an elevator that leads to Eggman's underground mine. Then, it opens up at the start of CEZ1. CEZ3 could have another elevator or having the castle crumble and he escapes. Arid Canyon can be where he chases Eggman to. RVZ can be a volcano in ACZ. Other stuff later.

Chaos said:
<genericlevelmovietransitionquotes>

To build on to these, there should be a certain one for each Zone. GFZ3 should have a cutscene with a tunnel leading to THZ. THZ should have the train stop at an elevator that leads to Eggman's underground mine. Then, it opens up at the start of CEZ1. CEZ3 could have another elevator or having the castle crumble and he escapes. Arid Canyon can be where he chases Eggman to. RVZ can be a volcano in ACZ. Other stuff later.
Not a good idea... SSNTails said that they weren't going to have in-between level cutscenes. And Deep Sea Zone is supposed to be the one after Techno Hill, and then Castle Eggman...

Chaos said:
-Hidden Palace Zone, an airship, a beach, and a Special Zone. (last level on Ultimate, a generic space boss, possibly much better due to the better boss AI and SOC stuff.
Chaos said:
An ice Zone.

You do realise that there are, officially, going to be 9 Zones in the normal singleplayer (Along with a SuperSonic stage, I think), do you?

I don't think we need any more than 9 Singleplayer Zones, and I doubt STJr will be prepared to make even more zones for it. And I don't think those will be made into unlockables either. Plus, it 1.1 will be held up even further than it will from now...

I don't think it's a good idea to suggest any more singleplayer levels, because of the reasons I just mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back