Suggestions

Level Select, glaber >>

If you have trouble beating SRB1 to get the level select, I really have no idea what to say.
Uhh, yea. What about when I just want to drop out of the game and pick it up later? All I got now is alt tabbing out of the game and leaving the computer on all night.

And I have yet to unlock a level select that can go through the SRB1 levels

Yeah, unfortunately you have to beat the entire SRB1 remake to get the level select. I do agree that it should be able to save. Even the original had a password system if you didn't want to play the game in one setting (or if you get a game over). When we eventually put bosses and smarter enemies, the save would be even more helpful.

SRB1 unlocks level select? Since when? I beat that unlockable three times and the only level select I got is the sonic 3(&K) save style one.

Also the secrets checklist has "get all emblems" as the requirement to unlock it, not "beat SRB1 Remake"

Last edited:
Did you update your SRB2 to 2.0.4? I think it didn't originally work when you beat SRB1 Remake, but it has been fixed now. Type Version in your console to make sure you have 2.0.4.

The SRB1 Remake level select is unlocked differently then the regular level select. The SRB1 remake level select shows under SRB1 Remake in the secrets menu after you beat SRB1 Remake.

A sort of zoom option so you can see further in the distance, maybe only usable if you get a certain item monitor. This would be handy in levels like DSZ where the the textures look funny from a distance.

Ability to change the direction you when going though a zoom tube by pressing up, down, left, or right.

Only works if there is one thing type that allows multiple direction to prevent the problem of going in a different than what button you pressed.

Last edited:
A linedef type that renders the viewpoint of an area as its texture

A "security camera" thing that marks the viewpoint for use with said linedef type.

Though it's been confirmed that it will be added at some point:
Files with the game's strings, in order to translate the game.

A certain folder filled with files that contain the game's strings, and every file has them in a certain language. I just thought this should be reminded. I feel like translating SRB2 to Portuguese!

The vertical-moving platforms in GHZ2 are painfully slow. Increase their speed so the player doesn't have to waste so much time waiting for them.

...Or better yet, create GHZ-exclusive a gimmick in their stead. Here's my suggestion for that.

infy1d.png

I think Wacky Workbench actually had a gimmick like this. Anyway, it would be a non-lethal and rewarding way to engage beginners in some moderately difficult platforming, to better prepare them for the more difficult material found later in the game.

Last edited:
The vertical-moving platforms in GHZ2 are painfully slow. Increase their speed so the player doesn't have to waste so much time waiting for them.

...Or better yet, create GHZ-exclusive a gimmick in their stead. Here's my suggestion for that.

I think Wacky Workbench actually had a gimmick like this. Anyway, it would be a non-lethal and rewarding way to engage beginners in some moderately difficult platforming, to better prepare them for the more difficult material found later in the game.
What happens when there's two players, each standing on a separate platform?

Oops.

Alright, how about platforms that only move upwards when a player or both players are on them? At least that would resolve the issue of slow moving platforms in GHZ2.

Or, you know, just increase platform speed.

If you're talking about the moving platforms on the upper route in GFZ2, they're slow on purpose to prevent an easy shortcut for Time Attack. They could possibly be a little faster, but that route is not intended to be a quick route to take.

Japanese Translation.
If anybody can manage to fit kanji into a 7x7 (8x8 if you want to be technical, but then you get no shadows) square, I'd be amazed.

EDIT: gah, I meant kanji not katakana

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you could fit kana into the font size, but kanji is out of the question.
Yeah, several RPGs, old and new, use 8x8 fonts for kana. I've done it myself as well (though not for SRB2).

EDIT: lol

srb2kana.gif

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Back