SRB2 for Dreamcast Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn this image with Nero Burning ROM:
http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/SRB2DC.rar

To do so, open up the program, start a new project thingie (or click cancel, it doesn't matter), then go to Recorder>Burn image..
A box will come up 'n stuff, find your image and double click on it.
Then another box will come up with a button that says burn, but don't click yet! Make sure the write method is set to Track-at-once.
It is recommended that you burn at less than 8x, by the way.
After you set the write method to Track-at-once, burn!

Wow, this is great! Good job, peoples!

EDIT: My copy gets to the character selection screen then resets, what's the problem?

ARGH.

To make SRB2DC load Mystic Realm by default:

1. Before burning, create an autoexec.cfg with "addfile scr_mysticrealm.wad" and place it into the data directory.
2. Burn.

There you have it. I am still wondering if I really want to use a CD-R on a beta of SRB2 WITHOUT save features (OMGWTF WHERE'S MY GAMEDATA.DAT?!). Should you release another beta with save features I definatly will burn it.

Maybe it's the image I made.. I didn't really test it, because I didn't want to waste my last blank CD..

I burned it, but there was no music and I couldn't really move anything. I'm going to delete config.cfg since I think it forces me to use a keyboard I don't have...

That and it apparently restarts during the intro, right after Eggman obliterates Greenflower City.

EDIT: Tried reburning it without config.cfg and with any extra DLLs that were in there. No improvement whatsoever - it still won't respond to any button presses, it still won't play music, and it still resets during the intro - which is all that I can see. PLEASE don't tell me you NEED a keyboard to run this. That would so very much suck.

Anyway, I'm out of CD-Rs. We'll have to buy some new ones later.

Try making an autoexec.cfg that does USE_JOYSTICK 1 and on the PC, use a joystick to set buttons for controls to config.cfg before you burn the image.

....but that's just a guess.

SRB2DC doesn't have music, not yet, anyways.. and from what I can tell, you can only move foward and back without a keyboard. :/

SRB2DC, without a config.cfg file, opens the 1st and 2nd joystick, for the joysticks, the bottom left button is jump, the top left is to shoot ring, the bottom right is to spindash, and the top right to shoot normal rings, this is from the top of my head, oh, i seem to forget the set up controls for the 2nd joystick... hehe...
it also supoort the keyboard (I see you guys found that out) and the mouse, well it should work with a mouse, i don't have a DC mouse, soo i have never tested it

no, Dreamcasts can not read CD-RWs, unless you change the power on the laser, I think

I want to play more SRB2 DC.

Since no one cares about that, how about...

Request me to test something with SRB2 DC, I may try it.

Yah, this thread needs hype. :P

I went over my friend's and used the keyboard to set up my controls.. it seems to work alright, aside from the constant lag and the 200 freezes per second. I also couldn't get any wads to load :(.

I'm just wondering.. is it even POSSIBLE to get this game running full speed on the DC?

Shuffle said:
I'm just wondering.. is it even POSSIBLE to get this game running full speed on the DC?

yes, right now we are using SDL to talk to the dreamcast hardware, and it makes a "large overhead" on a smaller, slower systems, such as the dreamcast, soo later on, Alam and I are going to create Dreamcast Interface code soo SRB2 can talk more directly to the hardware, and be faster! but this will take time to write all that code, alot of time!

oh and also, I found a more updated selfboot program, called BootDreams
you can find the it's update posting at http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=369

the project's page is at http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/prj_bootdreams.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back