How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was in 2006. I bought a magazine that came with a cd of games and srb2 1.09.4 was one of them (I am from Romania so I can't tell the name of the magazine).

I think it was...way back in 2005/2006, I remember trying to find some sonic fangames to play (majorly of them at the time were a hit or miss) I came across this, played 1.09.04 and it just...stuck.

So, before I knew SRB2 existed, somehow I found this freeware game called Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure 2 that I believe remembered downloading from CNET. No, not a freeware Sonic Adventure 2, but rather an "extremely fun" fangame that you can play as Sonic or Tails in and go through the 10 "action-packed" levels it contained. When I was younger, I played this on my dad's Windows XP and used to think it was just the coolest thing. Now I have a Windows 7 and... well, I would give it a try again, but even after running it in compatibility mode, it simply won't run anymore. It contained a couple of introduction Sonic CD video files (for some reason), a readme that mentioned "tailsgame.sitesled.com" or something or other, and 4 MP3s- "angelisland," "laby," "palmtree," and "springyard;" apparently the contributing artist was SSNTails himself.

So how does SRB2 fit into this? Well, thinking that SSNTails made STH Adventure 2, I visited his website and, sure enough, I found SRB2 waiting for me, only about 5 years late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back