mt_elemental_temple.wad

Is this map good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
Ok... just to show what the map is about, allow me to show you these...

See those? Those are the elements of Wind, Water, Earth, and Fire.

Now lets see how this can be used...

A Match/Tag map I made.

Air Temple / Grey Emerald

Water Temple / Blue Emerald

Earth Temple / Orange Emerald

Fire Temple / Red Emerald

Need the whole area? Be shocked... it IS big...

Which area will you choose? It is your choice...

Weapons
Rail x6
Bomb x8
Inf. x4

Link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bm7aio

As a bonus, I edited the crosshair.

NOTE: You cannot get the chaos emeralds, trust me I tried and you won't be able to get them, they are used for the lighting since I cannot get the lighting thing to work.

Hmm, at the looks at these pictures, the levels does look very bland even though I haven't played it yet. Not sure about this one. And for one thing, no more world of pain in your maps please, I have enough of those already on some maps, and it's very annoying >.>

New link, has no more world of pain *I felt bad putting it in anyway...*

Only Rail, Bomb and Inf. rings now.

Looks like the symbols are the most detailed parts of the map, and they serve no game-play function.

My suggestion would be to put the more detail into game-play, instead of the visuals. I learned that lesson from one of my own maps...

SonicX8000 said:
NOTE: You cannot get the chaos emeralds, trust me I tried and you won't be able to get them, they are used for the lighting since I cannot get the lighting thing to work.

Fail:
srb20016.png

Fail:
srb20017.png

Fail:
srb20018.png

Fail:
srb20019.png

Be careful next time, I was easily able to grab them all. Collision bugs are fun. Everything else looks nice in the map.

Senku_the_swordshog said:
SonicX8000 said:

*Insert pictures here.*

Be careful next time, I was easily able to grab them all. Collision bugs are fun. Everything else looks nice in the map.

Gah... well aleast there's only 4 each of Red, Orange, Blue, and Grey (White?). Thus, making it 4/7 emeralds.

Heh...

New link, A FOF texture was broken and has been fixed, and also a red spring has been fixed in the Air Area. Credit goes to sb for pointing this out during my match netgame.

EDIT: New link again... FOF lighting setting was too bright and is fixed.

EDIT AGAIN: New Link AGAIN! A red spring was broken in the fire area and has been fixed.

1 Rail ring added in the water area, plus a few more rings.

SonicX8000 said:
Ok... just to show what the map is about, allow me to show you these...

See those? Those are the elements of Wind, Water, Earth, and Fire.

Now lets see how this can be used...

A Match/Tag map I made.

Air Temple / Grey Emerald

Water Temple / Blue Emerald

Earth Temple / Orange Emerald

Fire Temple / Red Emerald

Need the whole area? Be shocked... it IS big...

Which area will you choose? It is your choice...

Weapons
Rail x6
Bomb x8
Inf. x4

Link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bm7aio

As a bonus, I edited the crosshair.

Is it just me, or does this seem very, very like you got this idea off Avatar: The last airbender, after I saw the elements and Air temple, it semed very like so, anyways, I'd advise swapping the inf. rings with Auto, gets annoying having a lot of rings when most people try take their best shot and just move on even if they miss, well, at least thats my opinion at first sight

Connir, anyone could've taken the idea from the Avatar or Runescape.

Runescape: Has the 4 elemental runes

Plus, most people wouldn't get the idea from Avatar since it had 2 seasons before it was canned. Then again, I don't watch TV.

supersonic45 said:
I'm talking about the TV series. The book is still being work on, as far as I know.

Book 3 is hte tv show.Remember when it starts the show it says
Book 3 chapter 1.Thats what hes trying to show you.

Now to the wad,I would lower the bomb count because I think 8 is too many.

supersonic45 said:
Connir, anyone could've taken the idea from the Avatar or Runescape.

Runescape: Has the 4 elemental runes

Plus, most people wouldn't get the idea from Avatar since it had 2 seasons before it was canned. Then again, I don't watch TV.

Spell it right, its Connor, not Connir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back