• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Windows Vista has a SERIOUS bug with SRB2 Doom Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace568

Okay. I'm using Windows Vista. I know all about the bugs that keep SRB2 Doom Builder from running Properly. I've gotten all the DLL files needed so the bugs don't appear. I'm able to save, go into 3D mode, and edit MAINCFG. but, this VERY ANNOYING bug keeps screwing up the DLL files, so when I save wad files normally, the bug occurs and glitches the save option. Then, I'm able to go into 3D mode, but when the bug occurs, It crashes. After I go back, I try to load the wad file, but it won't load. So I'm never able to access the wad file ever again. Anyone know about this bug so I can stop this **** from happening? Thanks.

It's not that kind of bug... It's a bug that won't allow the access of WAD files.
I have the DLL and OCX files needed to have SRB2DM to work. And they are in the correct directory. But this bug is a different story. I can get into WAD files, but after the bug occurs, I can't access the WADs. It ****** me off.

On my Vista, it simply just was very unstable and crashed very often. Now having it corrupt a save file, I can't say I have seen that happen to mine. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here, but maybe it installed incorrectly?

Running as a Admin should fix some problems.

If you ever get a problem with the FOF Generator or Saving, the only fic I found was to kill explorer.exe, which did the trick.

You keep saying "the bug", but you've never specified what the bug is. Might be helpful if you did...

Well, I use vista and I know how to get around an annoying bug that crashes it. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same one, but:

What you need to do is after opening DoomBuilder, press CTRL + ALT + DEL to open task manager and end process explorer.exe.
Then things usually work all right. If that doesn't help, then I'm sorry D:

When you need the desktop back, just open task manager again.
File -> New Process -> Type 'explorer.exe'

Rob said:
You keep saying "the bug", but you've never specified what the bug is. Might be helpful if you did...

All I can say is that it corrupts the save data of the wad. But I'll try that explorer thing.

It worked. The SRB2DB may still crash, but the save file data doesn't get corrupted. I just finish working on a match/tag level and I'm gonna release it. Thanks everyone.

it usually does not work but you could try to run it in compatibility mode

right-click on the shortcut > properties > compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back