• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

scr_rushedraceway.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie20

Hey bros at the SRB2 IRC chat, want an EXTREME raceway to race your little itty bitty legs on? RUSHED RACEWAY is the place to be! It is miniature, so thokboys can't Thok! AND EGGMAN MONITORS! They block your path in the middle of random monitor conventions! Anyway, lol. This is my first SRB2 map, ever. and it's kinda good. so have some screenies.
1zgdhk3.png
2d16b87.png

KNOWN BUGS - The Star Posts activate at the same time.
DOWNLOAD - http://www.mediafire.com/?ztxt3oa6ykd116i

One think I noted right away from the screenshots, is that it's well.. pretty.. small. And short. IT feels like that Sonic players will completely obliterate Tails and Knuckles players

And, believe me. Sonic will thok if he wants to, I know he will find a way, in this level. It's very hard to thok-proof a level with people nowadays. And even then, trying to completely prevent a character from doing their ability is poor level design in itself. And finally, it would be probably more interesting to have a more complex track to play through than an oval (Even race tracks in real life have plenty of variance.) And you could also give some nice scenery and variance for players to look at as they go through the level, so they know where they are and have something nice to see while they play.

Starposts: To set up starposts properly, you must give the first starpost an angle between 0-359 like usual. Except, for each next starpost in line, you add an extra 360 degrees. So, the first starpost will have like, 180, as an example, and then the next one will have 180 + 360 = 540, then the next will have 180 + 360 + 360 = 800, and so on. You can also look up on http://wiki.srb2.org for plenty of tips in making your levels!

It's cool that you're trying to start making levels, though! It takes quite a bit of practice to get better in level design in general, and you made a really proud step by showing your work here. :)

Looks incredibly boring.

If you want to prevent thokfests, make a stage with lots of platforms, hazards and changes in height to keep the player on their feet.

I think another thing to add is to put in different routes for a specific player. That way players such as Knuckles don't get left in the dust because of how the track is designed.

For starters it says scr_rushedraceway.wad when it should say r_rushedraceway.wad. Also maybe you should make this longer bigger and with a ton more gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back