Something I believe everyone should read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotix

Profile Est. 2005
I know this isn't actually ASKING for help, but it is something most people should participate in.

This is relevant to uploading ANY file that you want others to download. I believe we need a GOOD dedicated server, for hosting ALL of the WADs people upload. Too many people are using crap sites to upload their files. (such as sendspace, or the ungodly supersanctuary...) These sites deleted un-downloaded files quickly. So MOST people never get to get the file. *Meaning your work is losing business!*

I have seen ONE site that is willing to host files just because it can, (but I am afraid that if I post the sight, it will be advertising...tell me if I am wrong) it has a good look about it, you just look for the file, and you download it. (It is SRB2 related only aka a fan site)

Something like this would be a GOD SEND! for people like me, or anyone in general who get kicked from a net game just because they are missing a small wad. They could just run to the site and get it! I have used this forums search button, just to fail 9 times out of 10... Heck, the files just probably don't exist anymore, cause they are probably to old to find a download for!

Comments?

Chaotix said:
(such as sendspace, or the ungodly supersanctuary...) These sites deleted un-downloaded files quickly. So MOST people never get to get the file.

yea i totaly agree with that. it sucks that the files disapear so quickly Oo

If the person with FTP access to the MB wants to intall an Attachments MOD to this forum, then you can just host/attach files to your post. The only problem with that is the bandwidth it might suck up from Sepwich....

Blue Warrior said:
If the person with FTP access to the MB wants to intall an Attachments MOD to this forum, then you can just host/attach files to your post. The only problem with that is the bandwidth it might suck up from Sepwich....

Still, simple would be better. While not a bad idea, it would be much more conveniant to just scroll down a list and click the file you want.

Chaotix said:
Blue Warrior said:

Still, simple would be better. While not a bad idea, it would be much more conveniant to just scroll down a list and click the file you want.

Aside from the fact that the quality of nearly everything made here is mediocre at best, I cite this post as a damned good reason this won't work:

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=253775#253775

500 gigabytes a day is positively absurd. And that's all the wads that are hosted on SRB2FFH, not everywhere else.

Dark Warrior said:
Chaotix said:
Blue Warrior said:

Aside from the fact that the quality of nearly everything made here is mediocre at best, I cite this post as a damned good reason this won't work:

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=253775#253775

500 gigabytes a day is positively absurd. And that's all the wads that are hosted on SRB2FFH, not everywhere else.

As far as I can tell though, SRB2FFH has to have a direct link to the wad, instead of just being able to browse... (less I am mistaken...)

No, there was a browse option there. And, honestly, with a browse option, you get MORE downloads, not less.

Sepwich only has 5tb a month to play with, and AJ already uses around 31gb a month as it is...

I do know that supersanctuary.net is also on around 5tb/month with servage.net (it's amazing what a simple whois can tell you).

Well the site I recommend is MediaFire, I had a download on there for about 5 months and it didn't Expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back