• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 "Master Emerald" Mod (Version 2.02.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...You can do this same exact thing in vanilla SRB2. Just merge the team flag sector onto something else, so the other team can't grab the flag, and there ya go. the only difference is it being a flag rather than a emerald, but who cares?

Wow, this is actually a pretty good idea! I am downloading it now. I will post a review as soon as possible (though, that might not be in a while because of stuff going on at my house).

I could make a long rant about this thing.

But I wont.

Instead, here's the in-game chat we had in the mod:
http://srb2.pastebin.com/f6aab9e1a

And if it's too long for you, here are some important parts:

<D00D64> It's a flag :P
<D00D64> And it's still red :P
<~Srb2k> lol
D00D64 was hit by Srb2k's scatter ring.
<D00D64> Hey
D00D64 was hit by Srb2k's scatter ring.
<D00D64> Try grabbing our flag
D00D64 picked up the Master Emerald!
<~Srb2k> iok
Srb2k returned the Master Emerald to base.
The Master Emerald has returned to base.
Srb2k picked up the red flag!
<~Srb2k> lol!
<D00D64> Heh

This ain't a new mode; It's just CTF with different colors and sprites.

Now here's some map specific stuff:

Map is now "MAPA1: NEW ISLAND (ME) ZONE 1"
<~Srb2k> cramped
<D00D64> Yeah
Srb2k was hit by D00D64
D00D64 got nuked by Srb2k!
<~Srb2k> oops
<D00D64> And what's with all these shells
<~Srb2k> idk
<~Srb2k> but one hit me
<D00D64> Oh
<~Srb2k> wierd sonud
<D00D64> They were only for mario mode :P
<~Srb2k> lol

<@D00D64> Is till have no idea where your base is :P
<~Srb2k> LOL
<@D00D64> I wanna see how the capturing works
<~Srb2k> ok
<~Srb2k> well
<~Srb2k> dont feel bad I dont know where it is either
<@D00D64> This place is a mess
<~Srb2k> try anthoer map?
<@D00D64> fine, I have no idea where the base is

I spent what felt like forever just LOOKING for the base. And the ugly visuals and ALL THOSE STUPID SHELLS didn't help at all.

Speeding off to level...
R_GetFlatNumForName: Could not find flat FLOOR0_6
Map is now "MAPA4: PIPE PALACE ZONE (ME) 2"
<~Srb2k> title card fail
<@D00D64> ARGH ITS ALL THE SAME
<@D00D64> EVERY CORNER
<@D00D64> SAVE ME EIRIIIIIIN
<@D00D64> lol
<~Srb2k> lol glitxch

...You kidding me? Not only are the inside of the bases the same looking in all directions like a Fun House, the Master Emerald is an attention whore.

Map is now "MAPA7: TAILS CASTLE (ME) ZONE 1"
<~Srb2k> AHHHHH
<~Srb2k> MY EARS

...Seriously, I changed tunes SO QUICK after this. Really, why an SRB1 song? there are MANY other choices. Many BETTER choices.

<@D00D64> ...Yeah, I'm lost
<~Srb2k> lol!
<~Srb2k> found it
<~Srb2k> lemme help u
(Insert teleporter that was RIGHT ON THE HUNTER BASE)
<@D00D64> Thx
D00D64 captured the bMaster Emerald.

It's quite sad when not only can I not FIND the place as Knux (I'll explain later), I needed my OPPONENTS HELP TO GET THERE VIA A GAMEBREAKING TELEPORTER. Seriously, ti takes a Sonic just a few seconds to hit the box, teleport into the opposing base, and swipe the emerald. I swear, if I found it sooner...

<~Srb2k> really?
<@D00D64> OH COME ON
<~Srb2k> OH GREAT IDEA STASH ALLL THE WEAPON TILES HERE
* ~Srb2k facepalms
<@D00D64> FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
<@D00D64> Okay, I think I'm onto something...
<@D00D64> ...But I can't do it as Knux due to his low jump :P

D00D64 captured the bMaster Emerald.
<@D00D64> YES
<@D00D64> I DID IT
<~Srb2k> ???
<@D00D64> I FOUDN THE DAMN ROUTE
<~Srb2k> lol!
<@D00D64> Aparently, ONE 64 FRACTOUNIT TILE is the only real way to get (up) here
<@D00D64> And to make it worse, Knux can't jump to it.

Really, a route with ONE TINY AND EASILY BOMBABLE PLATFORM is the ONLY way to get to the red springs, and to the base without a whirlwind shield, and Knux can't even get to it.

Illegal addfile command received from Player 3
Got unknown net command [34]=110 (max 65)
Player 3 has been kicked (Consistency failure)
Player 3 has been kicked (Consistency failure)

Then the game Sigsevg'd. Is this gonna happen all the time?

<@D00D64> All there is, eh?
<~Srb2k> tunes 40
Game unpaused by Srb2k
<~Srb2k> yea
<@D00D64> I think we can safely say this exe sucks
<~Srb2k> lol

And there ya go. My nightmarish romp through this EXE. It's horrible, and like said, you did NOT need an EXE to do this. At all. It's possible without it, via merged sectors.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, the only real "coding" you did was change all notes of Blue flag as Master Emerald. Everything else could be SOCced (Like the paralysis monitor which just stops player control), or made in DB.

Last edited:
@D00D64, you DIDN'T have read the Startposting of my >BETA VERSION<, I think! I have say it 1000 times, that this is a beta and based on CTF! And I WANT to fix my maps (or add other or new maps)!!

But it is free for everone, to help me! Everone can make maps or find bugs in the Mod. In this beta version I know the errors.

@D00D64, you DIDN'T have read the Startposting of my >BETA VERSION<, I think! I have say it 1000 times, that this is a beta and based on CTF! And I WANT to fix my maps (or add other or new maps)!!\

BASED on? It outright REPLACES it! Hell, it's just CTF with new graphics, different colors, "blue flag" replaced with "Master Emerald", and a monitor that just does "pw_nocontrol" on the user. Beta or no, this is NOT an excuse for an EXE. Really, you barely did a thing.

BASED on? It outright REPLACES it! Hell, it's just CTF with new graphics, different colors, "blue flag" replaced with "Master Emerald", and a monitor that just does "pw_nocontrol" on the user. Beta or no, this is NOT an excuse for an EXE. Really, you barely did a thing.

You are total wrong!!! It is a beta version!! I think, that you didn't know this word! I want to make more for the final exe! Please stop this comments with "it is only replaced" and "new graphics" and wait for the final version, ok?
You'll see, that the final Mod not only have replaced Graphics and objects, ok? Please trust me, ok?

You are total wrong!!! It is a beta version!! I think, that you didn't know this word! I want to make more for the final exe! Please stop this comments with "it is only replaced" and "new graphics" and wait for the final version, ok?
You'll see, that the final Mod not only have replaced Graphics and objects, ok? Please trust me, ok?
Calm down. We know that this is not finished. And we definitely know what a beta is. The problem is that until now you haven't done anything to make the mode work different from CTF. It is CTF with new graphics. Why did you release a beta if you have nothing to show?

No, it's my rightful opinion, and It's what I believe, and what I believe is that this mod is nothing more than replaced words and graphics. There is barely anything in here enough to warrant an ENTIRELY NEW EXE to use.

In order for this to really be EXE worthy, it'd require some serious coding, like XSRB2 does with it's Combi Ring monitors, Resize monitors (Which are different from regular resizing due to being able to do things like crush smaller enemies instantly), and the Infinity monitor, as well as Sonic Golf and some other changes, in ADDITION to the new levels. All that was new stuff only found in XSRB2. This however, is just a few changed lines of code, and nothing noteworthy or deserving of a full EXE. Unless I see some actual EVIDENCE of actual coding of new stuff, I don't see anything noteworthy here. Otherwise, you're just restricting others to use this EXE for no reason, making it harder to actually PLAY this game with other people who don't have it, AND we can't use it in other EXEs like XSRB2, or the OpenGL version of the EXE.

The mod is EXE worthy, when i am finished! And in the MOD the old monitors are not replaced by the new monitors. And you can choose the commonness of the new monitores (medium, high, low, off). And I want to add new monitores with new effects, for example a negative ringbox, who can remove 20 rings or monitors, who can change the ability.

But OK, when you think, that the new MODE is only a replaced Version of CTF, then say, what I can make better, ok?
Maybe I can make a mode where the team, from which a player
the crystal takes the longest time become points. If a team has reached the most points in a time, or has reached certain points, the team win.
This MODE is not replacing the CTF mode, so that I can restore the CTF gametype in my MOD.

If I know, how I can make bots, i want to add bots in my EXE mod. I know (because I have read it), that the bots in SRB2JTE have bugs, but if there is a possibility to make bots without bugs, then I make this option in my MOD!

@D00D64 and SpiritCrusher, is the second idea for the "Master Emerald" mode better than the first? I hope!!!

edit: The OENGL mode for a EXE mod is a very good idea, thx D00D64!!! If you know something more of "Dev-C++" than I, you can help me, ok? The same goes for SpiritCrucher!;):)
I will not refuse your help

Last edited:
Seems like you don't understand what we mean. We are not critizising your idea, but rather your beta. In its current state, the beta is the same as CTF. It's not coded properly. The blue team can't win at all.

And sorry, I don't have any knowledge of C++.

Ok, now I understand better, what you mean! But how is the second idea for the "Master Emerald" mode? And do you think, that you can help me? Perhaps mit ideas or maps, who I can use for the Master emerald mode?

If I understand it correctly, it's kinda like King of the Hill, only with an object instead of a point in the map. Do you know how to code something like that?
Actually, a KoTH involving an object instead of a position would be much like Oddball in the Halo series. This is more like a one team CTF, where one team steals only and the other defends only.

Actually, a KoTH involving an object instead of a position would be much like Oddball in the Halo series. This is more like a one team CTF, where one team steals only and the other defends only.
I was referring to the second suggestion.

Kratzean, methinks you don't truly understand the difficulties involved with EXE modding. Adding an entirely new, separate gametype will prove to be a lot more difficult than you think, trust me.

Also, in case you didn't realize, the source code to any modifications must be available in some shape or form, whether it be on a SVN or a .zip file distributed with the EXE. People will hound you for that.

Thread described in two lines:
[14:13] <AwayPhoenix> IT'S A BETA THAT MEANS IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD!!!1
[14:13] <AwayPhoenix> SHUT UP YOU SUCK ANYWAY

I agree with Blazing Phoenix. Please, next time you update, actually have more work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back