Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In SNZ, there are couple of places where your outside of caves and there are those "floors" on the mountain with the cave entrance. I thought theres some power up on them, so I jumped on them just to realise... No jump can help me get back up and there are no springs. AND WORST OF ALL, THE POWER UP WAS A LIE! I had to suicide.
Fix please?

Alrighty.
srb21154.png

Just behind me are 3 pop up turrets, as mentioned.

srb21156.png

So there are these "floors" under the cave entrance. Jumping on them makes you stuck. Just recently though, I've found a spring, but its too weak to get you to the top. Its only one yellow spring, in the very bottom of those "stair floors".
srb21157.png

AKA this one. It's only powerful enough to get me a bit higher than where I'm standing, but not to the "stair" higher than me.
Also... I found this while reaching the purple crystaline room that has the "death pit floor" glitch I found a while ago 'cause I was searching for the emblem... was I any close to it? I couldn't find it...
P.S. : If you look at my screenshots, the first thing you'll notice is the fact that I finally re- got the 7th emerald :D

Last edited:
You mean Sonic's emblem?

You do know you can look up a complete Tortured Planet emblem guide on the SRB2 Wiki, right?

I was reading the wiki. It says "Purple crystaline room" and "white coloumn" or something like that. I can't figure it out. But since the room I was in while I reported the death pit bug had purple crystaline just before and white bricked buildings, I could only guess...
Anyway I can't find the emblem.

Oh, no, that isn't it. You have to go to the path split in the reflective ice room, and take the left path. From there the Wiki's directions should become obvious.

If you're still confused, you could always check the emblem coordinates in SRB2 Doom Builder.

Just played around a lil'. I've managed to find the SNZ emblem, now I can't find LGZ2... And I'm sure I am in the correct place this time. After the 2nd 2D place, you can go backwards to the room in 3D, and there's sepuse to be an emblem behind the buildings that you were walking on 2D, behind a box... I sure found the box, but it had nothing around it. And I'm too lazy to start understand DB language to check.
Well, on the bright side, I played around with some stages, so I screenshotted some more glitches you might haven't noticed. I'll post 'em soon.

That's my fault. v8.4 has a glitch in the MAINCFG header that makes that emblem impossible to find or collect. It's fixed for v9.0, but in the meantime just ignore that one.

Wouldn't it be better to just fix all of the glitches and put them in v8.5 or something like that and release only v9.0 when the music's finished? Because that's going to take quite a while.

Because that's going to take quite a while.
I think that releasing 9.0 when the music is out might take too long. Progress on the music is rather slow (not blaming you, Charybdizs, take your time), and judging by how fast it has been going in the past, finishing all of it might take a year or something. So you should probably consider releasing something in the meantime.

I might consider establishing a cutoff date; in that situation, I would release v9.0 with or without the music then (actually, it would include all the music done at that point), and v9.1 would contain it all later. But the way I've organized this pack, that might not be a perfect solution, so I may just stick to the original plan. I'll see how things are progressing after a bit more time, then make my decision based on that.

This may come out of nowhere, but I loved that sigsegv gag in Alien Armageddon Zone Act 1. That actually made my night.

Wait, those things can be fixed?
I thought they're like unfixable because they belong to source- code related stuff. I need to take screenshots of the places I've seen similar things...

Wait, those things can be fixed?
I thought they're like unfixable because they belong to source- code related stuff. I need to take screenshots of the places I've seen similar things...
It depends on your definition of "fixed". Can you follow a foolproof tried-and-true process which will eliminate them without making your level look any different? No. Can you change the shape of the Thok Barrier and move around some vertices until you hit upon a configuration that the nodebuilder can handle smoothly? Yes.

Some HOMs are easier to fix than others, because of the design differences between various levels. The ones in SAZ1 usually don't require a lot of effort, but it can take an hour of frustrating toil to remove one from SWZ2 or AAZ2.

I have already fixed a bunch of other HOMs, but by all means give some more examples. You might have seen one that I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back