SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 06-17-2009   #1
Kratzean

Default Pipe Palace (Mario Kart DS) // (CTF, Tag and Match)

This map is another map, who I have made from Mario Kart DS like Block fort, but with any extra features and other things! In the map i can't make pipes, so that the pipes in the map are tunnels. The tunnels no teleport the character to another position, but she lead to another section of the map. The map have four sections and in two sections are the bases for CTF!
Very fun with the map!;):)

Downloadlink: Klick

Old 06-17-2009   #2
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

I gotta hand it to you, Kratzean, your levelmaking skills have DRAMATICALLY improved since you first joined the MB. Good work!

By the way, in MKDS, the level was called "Pipe Plaza", not "Pipe Palace".

One more thing: With skillful use of Linedef Type 104, you could easily make the pipes teleport just like in the real level. I suppose that a stylized version is more creative, though.
Old 06-17-2009   #3
Torgo
Developer

I ran through this level without people, and I could tell already that you have the level far too cramped. I suggest that you open up the middle area a bit, and widen the hallways slightly. You also need to deaf the rings so that they float. One more thing that I should mention is that you should make the next level 80 since that is a CTF level.
Old 06-17-2009   #4
Kratzean

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawfulfan
I gotta hand it to you, Kratzean, your levelmaking skills have DRAMATICALLY improved since you first joined the MB. Good work!

By the way, in MKDS, the level was called "Pipe Plaza", not "Pipe Palace".
Sry, but I am from germany and the german name of "Pipe Palace" is "Röhren Palast"! And I have learned, that the translation of the german "Röhren Palast" the name "Pile Palace" in english is. I have read on some sites of some games, that the german translator use another names for some english levels.
Old 06-17-2009   #5
Sonic Destiny
dealer of Retribution.

Youre so slick. This level has the exact same structure and level design as the Crash Team Racing (CTR crash bandicoot) level called pipe plaza, im not sure if youre plagiarizing it or if i you just love the game like i do but i think this level is actually pretty cool. Keep up the good work, but just credit some of your design towards crash bandicoot k?
Old 06-17-2009   #6
Kratzean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Destiny
Youre so slick. This level has the exact same structure and level design as the Crash Team Racing (CTR crash bandicoot) level called pipe plaza, im not sure if youre plagiarizing it or if i you just love the game like i do but i think this level is actually pretty cool. Keep up the good work, but just credit some of your design towards crash bandicoot k?
Crash bandicoot? Can you give me a lin to this (private) please? I didn't know, wath this crash bandicoot is!
Old 06-17-2009   #7
Eggmanfan

Looks good might get it later.

you should try to improve your grammer skills.
Old 06-17-2009   #8
Chao Freak 1

Pipe Plaza/Palace is from Mario Kart. Not Crash Team Racing. I've got both so...
And Crash Team Racing is basically Mario Kart with more explosions. I love it much more truthfully. I even love the levels more but they're both amazing.
This is pretty amazing and you make levels fast but good. It's cool!

Z?
SRB2 nonstop megamix
Old 06-18-2009   #9
Sonic Destiny
dealer of Retribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Freak 1
Pipe Plaza/Palace is from Mario Kart. Not Crash Team Racing. I've got both so...
And Crash Team Racing is basically Mario Kart with more explosions. I love it much more truthfully. I even love the levels more but they're both amazing.
This is pretty amazing and you make levels fast but good. It's cool!
Yeah i love Crash team racing to. I sorta got confused for a sec and my mind twisted up. Haha, pipe plaza is from mario not CTR. Heh, sorry. -_- ( i went and played CTR to check)