SF94-Serv

Trying random things (this is not a retexturing, but a console command available in Green City and Neon Night):
Christmas in Green City.png

• respawnitemtimecoop: Sets the number of seconds before rings and ringboxes respawn in Co-op and Single Player.

Finally! That is a good thing to know we finally can have the respawning items, dont renember wich update was, i was on my vacations

• respawnitemtimecoop: Sets the number of seconds before rings and ringboxes respawn in Co-op and Single Player.

Finally! That is a good thing to know we finally can have the respawning items, dont renember wich update was, i was on my vacations

Dude, this allready existed since 3.85

Anyways, I have experienced some weird midi problems. Some instruments do not play correctly in the never gonna give you up music but this might be a problem with Windows 10 since this only happened to me after i upgraded. And I was not the only one with that exact problem. BUT however I do NOT have this one with the vanilla SRB2 levels like the SRB Remake.

I found out this game when somebody on the multiplayer had this in playlist file. I like this wad a lot even though it been out for while. I think Shadow is the best character to use for the wad particularly for Neon Night where you got the roads out there. In fact Neon Night is one of my favorites about this. I still have not figured out how to get the secret room or how to get the ball on the person head. Anyway this be one of the best SRB2 wads I played here.

OffTopic: You gotta be kidding, i just posted Senku-Characters in submissions!
OnTopic: Its really good to see SF94-Serv still alive! But sadly it isnt as enjoyable with all this desync, so i have to play over LAN...

3.88 is out!

3.88 is out!
To tell the truth I can't exactly remember what I did since the previous release, although most of it consists of minor bugfixes and changes...
I still had some free time so I had fun adding an Halloween event, which will automatically be triggered at midnight. Hoping it won't desynchs netgames...

I'm pretty sure the text that is supposed to appear only in console and not in gameplay is unintentional. Or atleast i'll try to convince myself until this is confirmed/disconfirmed.
But look, the standing NPCs have more colors!
[Insert Image here, got lazy]
Remind me to look out for purple foxes next time, me...

And the halloween event, while good for the day, atleast for five minutes, will probably have the same public-response as Weegee did before the 2 minute limit was placed on him, and, if you're as illogical as me, you probably want to burn the cities(...Or nights, i guess?) and especially their residents.
You turn into ghosts that are called zombies in the wad file for whatever reason, that want to KILL ME?!
...Wait, you expected an image? After i was lazy with that first one?
So, uh, i guess 3.89(or 3.88.5) is gonna come out pretty soon, or atleast hopefully it will, to get rid of that halloween feature/make it so it isn't automatically enabled.

Another version will of course be available in a few days (say, 2 or 3), so you'll have to use a command to trigger the Halloween event.

Now, about the standing NPCs, I reorganized their spawning system, mainly by replacing tons of A_RandomState frames by a unique Lua function, which made choosing any color way easier, so I thought I could just make NPCs more colored. Maybe it's a bad idea though? Also the same thing will happend with moving NPCs if I let that unchanged, it's just a matter of time.

About the text, I guess you were talking about the message spawning on level load? If so, that's indeed not what I intended to do, but I had some problems that I couldn't get rid of, so I had to let it that way. You probably remember, older versions used to have some odd error messages randomly displaying in the console, which were caused by the use of commands scripts for NPC messages or text in general. In order to remove them, I had to replace these commands scripts by Lua scripts. It worked fine with regular texts, but I had some issues with displaying texts directly in console, since apparently COM_BufAddText seems to not work as expected. The only decent way I've found to handle that until now is to use CONS_Printf but it is shown outside of the console. I still changed it so in the next release it'll only be shown the first time you load a level.

Just played the latest version... what happened to jumpshere?

Damn, why do I always play srb2 with chasecam off?
Anyway, fixed. That was just a stupid syntax error that was causing the script to break on wad loading. This'll be in the next release, in a few days as I said.

Nothing is new, excepting the Halloween event and the fact that jumsphere is broken.
A 3.89 will be released wednesday, fixing jumpsphere and disabling the event.

you should atleast make a command that re-enables the event...i actually kinda like it. although if playing on a large server, it might get tedious.

Is it possible for the game/mod to check the system time like SRB2JTE in order to autoenable the event when its October the 31st?

you should atleast make a command that re-enables the event...i actually kinda like it. although if playing on a large server, it might get tedious.
Here is the answer:
Another version will of course be available in a few days (say, 2 or 3), so you'll have to use a command to trigger the Halloween event.

Is it possible for the game/mod to check the system time like SRB2JTE in order to autoenable the event when its October the 31st?
Unless I make a custom executable, no. But as I said earlier you'll be able to enable it anyway.

3.89 is out!

• The Halloween event no more triggers every night in the cities, unless you use the command "event halloween" in the console. If you do this, the event will be activated at mightnight, for one night only.
  • NPCs can now have various colors. Sonic-like NPCs can't be blue though, as well as Tails et Knuckles NPCs won't have their "natural" colors. This is for helping differenciating players and NPCs.
  • The jumpsphere has been fixed (one more time).

Okay, playing through a bit, i've actually seen the christmas skybox being activated in SF94-City, and that also happened in 3.88, have no idea what sector causes that, i just know that it happens for some reason.

Aw, does it look that bad?
That's not a skybox but just a vanilla sky texture I decided to use whenever there is snow. One of the things I changed that I couldn't remember of so I didn't put it in the changelog... However if you think that's odd I can try another sky.

Oh, whoops, thought that it was a bug cause of OGL not having weather effects.
But it does look a bit bad when looking up, the lower part just loops and you have trees on snow that are floating on air. ...Unless that is also OGL.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back