SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2017   #1501
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Hello Everyone,

I usually go by, "Super Phanto" as that is the name of my email. It bugged me when this Message Board would not allow me to have said username. The profile creation page said: "That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards."
Now, I think I might have had an account here, but I was never sure. All I know is that "Super Phanto" is my username and mine alone (as far as I know, that is). Anywhere you look I shall be known as Super Phanto. So, I don't know if I had an account here, but if an Admin Can find it, terminate it, and rename "Fang the Weasle" to "Super Phanto", I would be SO thankful.
I have no clue as to what these "administrator's standards" are, so if someone can PM me a link, that would also be helpful.

Now for the good stuff:
  • I have been a sonic fan for quite some time now. I get my preorder of Sonic Mania (Steam) in three days from typing this, and I am super hyped!
  • I am currently a Sophomore in High School and hope to one day have my own 1st party game company up with the likes of Nintendo, Sony, And Microsoft.
  • I was born on October 5th, 2001 in Maryland, Where I was hastily moved to PA. Despite this, I had my first experiences with my Dad's Atari 2600, my Mom's Nintendo Entertainment System, my Uncle's Sega Master System, and A LOT of Namco TV Plug 'n' Play games. My memory of others is pretty foggy, But seeing as these are my fondest, it is my firm belief that these are fantastic places to start.
The consoles I have owned that I can remember AND their status (not in this order):
  1. Atari 2600 (Broken and/or lost)
  2. Nintendo Entertainment System (Working)
  3. Super Nintendo (Working)
  4. Nintendo GameBoy (Lost)
  5. Nintendo 64 (Traded for DSI)
  6. 1st Nintendo GameCube (Lost)
  7. 2nd Nintendo GameCube (Working)
  8. Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP Backlit (Working)
  9. Nintendo DS Lite (Working, but stylus has been replaced at least 15 times)
  10. Nintendo Wii (Working)
  11. Nintendo DSi (Working, has Zelda four swords 20th anniversary edition, but also has a broken touch screen)
  12. Nintendo Wii U (Working, but nobody cares because there is no such thing as a "Wii U"...jk)
  13. Nintendo 3DS OOT3D edition (Working)
  14. New Nintendo 3DS (Working, Not XL, Came with Super Mario 3D Land installed, which I already had a cartridge for :\ )
  15. Sega Master System (Working, not my uncle's)
  16. Sega Genesis Model 1 "High Definition Graphics" No TMSS (Working and
    Loved for eternity!)
  17. Sega Genesis Nomad (Working, Fantastic Condition, 15th Birthday present, and for only $120. Ebay can be your best friend ladies and gentalmen!)
  18. Sega CD (Working, Thanks to my brother)
  19. Sega 32X (Working)
  20. Sega Game Gear (Lost)
  21. Sega Dreamcast (Working)
  22. PSone (Working)
  23. Xbox (Given to a friend, Thanks to my brother :kappa:)

TL;DR

What? You didn't read it? Well, then READ IT!!! It took me 2 hours to post this. Maybe More.

Last edited by Fang the Weasle; 08-27-2017 at 03:01 AM. Reason: TMI
Fang the Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017   #1502
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang the Weasle View Post
What? You didn't read it? Well, then READ IT!!! It took me 2 hours to post this. Maybe More.
Unlike school where you're padding out for five paragraphs, in real life writing, your goal is to say things with as few words as possible. This is because nobody is going to read a novel whereas a paragraph is much better.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017   #1503
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

"Super Phanto" is against the rules because whenever a major release happens, hundreds of kids would sign up with names like "SuperSonicRulez" and "& Knuckles The Super-Werechidsune". Basically, the admins have word-filtered "Super" amongst many other Sonic-franchise words; the username "Phanto" by itself wouldn't fall afoul of things.

If there was another "Super Phanto" from before the filter was put in place, though, they wouldn't terminate that account just so you could have it. Gotta get creative! You never know when someone might come back from a long leave of absence.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm

Last edited by toaster; 08-27-2017 at 09:31 AM.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017   #1504
Fang the Weasle
Can't spell "Weasel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Unlike school where you're padding out for five paragraphs, in real life writing, your goal is to say things with as few words as possible. This is because nobody is going to read a novel whereas a paragraph is much better.
I understand that. The TL;DR section was a joke. If someone didn't want to read it, then that's fine. Though now that I think about it, I really should have explained that in the first place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
"Super Phanto" is against the rules because whenever a major release happens, hundreds of kids would sign up with names like "SuperSonicRulez" and "& Knuckles The Super-Werechidsune". Basically, the admins have word-filtered "Super" amongst many other Sonic-franchise words; the username "Phanto" by itself wouldn't fall afoul of things.

If there was another "Super Phanto" from before the filter was put in place, though, they wouldn't terminate that account just so you could have it. Gotta get creative! You never know when someone might come back from a long leave of absence.
Okay, I can see that happening. What I was trying to say is that "Super Phanto" may have been my account. Maybe "S. Phanto" would work?
Old 09-03-2017   #1505
MHX
Aeonic Lightning

Hey, I'm Mhx Air.
I've started playing SRB2 about 16 years ago, and I believe I joined the forum in 2010, but that was 7 years ago, and I was some dumb kid, so I wiped my account and requested a name update (pending).
Now I'm a dumb adult, and I enjoy spriting, digital and traditional arts, minor game development and design, as well as being a parkour enthusiast that's addicted to athleticism.

I'm currently building a Pi3 and found a nice port to debian Linux, so here I am after all these years checking out the updates, running v2.1.1.9. I'll have to look into how this port works, since there are way less files than I remember, but I did manage to get a Shadow.wad to load. (Great was btw, better than the one I had years ago. I'll be looking into remapping chaos control to custom button 2, and reinstalling lightdash like in the old builds.)

If anyone has any wads or Lua I should look into, let me know. The game seems almost completely different from the old build I had on my Windows ME. I'll get back into relearning Lua and building wads. I did make an attempt years ago, but maybe there's a newer program for it.

Looking forward to the future of SRB2, and glad to see it still being healthily maintained.
Old 09-05-2017   #1506
Logan McCloud
Hyperchaotix

Hello, I'm Logan McCloud, aka Hyperchaotix.

I first played SRB2 when I was 12 iirc and loved it. Came back to it more recently between animation work and fell in love with it all over again, especially all the new content. I started making my own SRB2 content and realized I should probably join the forums if I want to post a release of it.

I'm a bit socially anxious, so I'm not always the best at responding, but I'm doing my best to overcome that. I look forward to showing you guys some stuff.
Logan McCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017   #1507
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, we assholes aren't as scary as we look. You might also hop onto #srb2fun if you're looking to jump into a quick conversation with anyone. (The 50 people who sit there may or may not be at the keyboard at any given moment)

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017   #1508
Zha Hong Lang
我不是中國人,不會說漢語。

Hello! I'm a fan of SRB2 since 2010, it was one of my favorite games to play during my late childhood/early teenage years. I took a break from the game when I was at the point where I had played the game (and notable mods) and wanted to make new content for myself, but didn't have the focus nor the skillset to do so. Now that I have a little bit of software development experience and have made some content in other game engines, I hope I can change that now!

I've most recently dabbled in the SMW hacking and SMBX scene (spoilers, they make some pretty cool stuff), so I might try making content for SRB2 in the same vein of level design if I can. See y'all around!
Zha Hong Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017   #1509
Smith The Icefox
Smith "Seal" Kitsune

I JOINED 1 YEAR AGO BUT I DIDN'T FOUND THIS FORUM SO:
Hi, i'm just a guy that play SRB2 since 2013 (or 2014), and my first thing i did in SRB2 were MAPS.... MAPS AND BAD-SOCS :p (of course, i was only a 10 year old guy, and i didn't know anything about maps).
PLEASE, CALL ME TOMBLADE i'm originally known as TomBlade or Bladetom.
(my real name is "Smith", but my first name is "Elthon" don't joke with it i really don't like to be called by those names so:
Elthon = Thon = Tom = TomBlade ("Blade" is to be more original).
I'm currently working in sprites, maps and SOCs (still learning it...), but my two favorite things to do is SOCs and maps (i don't like spriting so much, because this take so much time and work for someone like me, an really bad spriter)

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by on Edge View Post
I can tell. Fix your grammar.
Nice OFF-TOPIC judge :p
My Discord: Seal#2962|Netgames Name: SSK or MEGA
Current working in: SSK Pack (Script and Map Pack)

Last edited by Smith The Icefox; 10-16-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Smith The Icefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017   #1510
The Sin Heartless
The Outsider

Greetings.

I am The Sin Heartless. I grew interested in SRB 2 and the Sonic community recently after another community was divided in half and I drifted away as a result. (SMBX forums. A loose end.) Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the game which brought me close to the Sonic community.

I have no real attachment to any communities or the things you call as "friends" or "bonds". Only the feeling of isolation, emptiness and voices in my head. I could be here one day and drifting away the next. So why not take a risk and see whether my choice was right? My "boat" is already filled with regret, depression and loose ends.

As an aspiring game designer and programmer, my interests lie in making new content. I might not be a god when it comes to pixel art, music or level design and my confidence is as bad as the depth of my depression, but everyone needs to start somewhere. One day I could be making levels and the next day I could end up coding game engines.

I hope I won't be a mere inconvenience to any of you.
Old 10-16-2017   #1511
BlakTH
(Insert user title here)

Hi.
I'm just a random person that likes SRB2!
I play Sonic games since I was child.
It's okay, that I look some a retard person... but OK! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Old 10-17-2017   #1512
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith The Icefox View Post
Nice OFF-TOPIC judge :p
You do know you're quoting a post from 10 years ago, right? Don't even think the user in question still goes here anymore. =P

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017   #1513
Natalie11111
Obscure JRPG lover

I came here from the srb2 server and I'll introduce myself, I'm Natalie/Neptune (as some folks call me because of an old username), and i hope we can be friends
Old 10-18-2017   #1514
-CG7244-
ewe''

Default Time to update my introduction because before was too short

Hello, my name is CG, my full name is CarlosGamer, and my real one is Carlos Granado, I have always liked Sonic games since I was 7 years old, and I knew SRB2 since I was 9 years old. a great game actually, especially I liked the part where you could create your own levels, characters, etc.

I am more or less shy with people, I do not know how to defend very well against criticism.

I joined to the community on January 10, 2016. Why do I say this if I met the game in 2008? was because I was very bad with English, if I knew English at that age and registered, I was like an old member. Through the years I learned a lot of English, until I registered. I am sometimes lazy with my creations (wads, coding, drawing, etc). example, I am doing a drawing, and suddenly, I'm lazy to do it. Sometimes I complete my creations, sometimes not. Well, I did my best to make my introduction more detailed.

Last edited by -CG7244-; 10-19-2017 at 12:04 AM.
-CG7244- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017   #1515
Smith The Icefox
Smith "Seal" Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
You do know you're quoting a post from 10 years ago, right? Don't even think the user in question still goes here anymore. =P
Yes, i know, just something funny that i found!
My Discord: Seal#2962|Netgames Name: SSK or MEGA
Current working in: SSK Pack (Script and Map Pack)
Smith The Icefox is offline   Reply With Quote