SRB2SP

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2SP (Short for SRB2 Server Passwords) is a program I wrote which allows you to put passwords on your SRB2 servers. (no one can join unless they know your password) This can be helpful in many situations, for example, let's say you have a bunch of random n00bs joining your server and lagging up the game. You don't want to set the maxplayers because you have some other friends that haven't joined yet. Using this program, all you have to do is tell your friends the password and they will be the only ones able to join.
SRB2 doesn't have the scripting capabilitys required to make this, so I made a program that will generate a wad with one lump with the password in it. Since SRB2 does MD5sum checking on wad files, any person who trys to join with an incorrect password will not be able to.
To make this work, both host and client must have the program and generate the file using the password the host has given out. The host must have a server running with maxsend set to 0 and password.wad added.

Instructions:
For Hosters:
1. Download SRB2SP
2. Put passbase.dat in your SRB2 directory
3. Put the other files in the directory of your choice.
4. Run srb2sp.exe
5. A box should pop up asking where your SRB2 directory is. Type it in and click Ok.
5. Click the Add Password button
6. A box should pop up asking for a name. In this case, a name is your server name. Example: "Mystic's Server"
7. After you click Ok, another box should pop up asking for for a password. Type in the password you're going to give to the people who you wish to let join your server.
8. When you click Ok, the Name (identification) you typed should appear in the listbox to the left.
9. Click on the Create Password File button, and password.wad SHOULD appear in your SRB2 directory. Note: the name for the password you want to create should be selected in the listbox for it to create the correct password file.
10. Tell whoever you want to join your server the password, and have them generate password.wad by using the steps below.
11. Host a server with maxsend set to 0 and password.wad added.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Joiners:
1. Download SRB2SP
2. Put passbase.dat in your SRB2 directory
3. Put the other files in the directory of your choice.
4. Run srb2sp.exe
5. A box should pop up asking where your SRB2 directory is. Type it in and click Ok.
5. Click the Add Password button
6. A box should pop up asking for a name. In this case, a name is usually identification for the server you're adding. Example: "Mystic's Server"
7. After you click Ok, another box should pop up asking for for a password. Type in the password the host has given you.
8. When you click Ok, the Name (identification) you typed should appear in the listbox to the left.
9. Click on the Create Password File button, and password.wad SHOULD appear in your SRB2 directory. Note: the name for the password you want to create should be selected in the listbox for it to create the correct password file.

Seems pretty interesting, but I generally just don't advertise my server if I only want one or two people joining.

i like this :D

wait, i got an idea, to save time with making maxsend 0, you should make it so each wad created (and when loaded) will automatically set maxsend to 0, if you can...

Sweet!!This is going to rock!!!Though I don't get much people on my server's For anyone who see's this join"Kiro's server" lol (joke)but it really is going to rock, I see like clan meetings and stuff like that and I'm sure random people who somehow got the wad to join start acting up and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back