Have a question? Get the answers here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

I've noticed so many times that the Suggestions and Help section of this message board is frequently filled up with "help me" or "this wont work now help me plz" topics.
I've decided to create a thread to help these people! :D
Any questions, or problems you have that are not bug-related, ask away, and myself, or other forum members will try our best to answer these.

Yeah, how do i get past a proxy so i can host a game on the master server without using hamachi?

I have a firewall up, and can netgame, but I can't host. Were you able to host?

I can't host, can't check the master server, it just comes up with page cannot be displayed, listserv doesn't work "cannot connect to the master server", i can't join games normally, i have to use IP address to connect, and i just want to check out this new connection with netgameing as well. x.x

No firewall, i used to be able to netgame with all of the features available, WINXP SP1, and an antivirus and spyware program.

Beta showcase?

Whats that, an irc channel or which shows srb2 betas or something?

Wait, what's wrong wih IP-joining games? I use it as default.

It's some kind of menu in SRB2. Apparently allows you to change the number of lives, rings, destroy all enemies, yadda yadda yadda. I just don't know how to access it. I used to be able to access it with the -blazeshouldbedrugoutintothestreetandshot parameter, but it doesn't exist anymore.

Its not that, i just can't host, i don't join games very often, its mainly the control lag, i want to try this 2Mb/s connection i just got in a server of mine.

alright, if you cant host, (i said this like 50 times) go talk to Logan GBA
then go to, whatsmyip.net and wherever it sais "your IP is: X.X.X.X"

copy the numbers and give them to logan, she/he will unban you just like he/she helped me, then you'll be able to host netgames
but i seen your server on the master server before... :|

(why dont people listen to me :( )

I'll ask logan then, i can host on the weekends thugh, i use a different computer then.

PMing.

Yay, my special topic is limiting down the other useless 4 post-topics here!
:mrgreen:
Also, keep on asking questions. The more you ask, the better understanding you get. Plus, it will make you lose 5 n00b points each time ;)

I still can't beleive that question spawned one of the biggest topics ever. :roll:

/, or set it up yourself.

*ahem*How do i spindash?

How do I read the manual?

No seriously, how? I went into the "manual" folder, and all there is is a bunch of picture icons(with labels) that give me larger versions of the icons when I open them. How is this a manual?

The manual is a .htm file, ange the icons by type, it is called manual.htm, it opens in your web browser.

...This is going from a 'help topic' to a 'make fun of noobs' topic :P

If you want to help out people with simple questions, don't wait for people to ask them, think them out yourself and type it in a note pad. Then when everything in your brain has leaked out into the note pad, save it, copy it's contents and paste on the forum. (Treat the notepad file as you would a forum post ([b ][/b ], ect.)

Why are netgames that calm all the time?

There is never a server up. And hosting myself can take a hour before somebody comes. And if i'm unlucky its a noob who doesn't understand what happenss when he jumps a bit higher. (I used gravity 0.3) And he leaves!

Really,the only way for a quick netgame is to use IRC and ask around. I'm just never around in IRC,because I hate the program.

There should be more servers up at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back