Rapper slams president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

Kanye West (One of my favorite rappers) said "George Bush doesn't care about black people" at a hurricane relief concert.

Look : http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050903/ap_on_en_tv/katrina_nbc_telethon

Also,

Kanye West said:
"I hate the way they portray us in the media. If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, it says they're looking for food."

On Yahoo, there were 2 articles. 1 showing a picture of a black person, and saying he's looting. Then a white couple, saying that they found food at a local grocery store.

They're not there now, but look up looting in Google, and you can see a cache of the news story with the "looting".

Maybe he was right. O_O

And this is news-worthy why?

Any celebrity can say their opinion, but the reality of it is that sounds like GKWX2 excerpt of "You just hate me cuz I'm black." without every word misspelled.

I don't see how racism makes a difference here, natural disasters don't really care about the color of one's skin. The relief effort was botched in general, not botched only for black people. I saw plenty of white and hispanic people on the news footage, personally.

What the media has to do with George Bush I really don't understand, either. The media has been biased since the creation of it. Big shock that it still is. However, this is just NOT an appropriate time to talk about it. In 2-3 months, after most of this is sorted out, I think we can go ahead and start talking about how the media is racist.

I think this is just some guy riding on fame to attempt to sound more important. He's not.

Knuckles is red. Shadow is black and red. You're not colorblind, are you?

Mystic said:
And this is news-worthy why?

Any celebrity can say their opinion, but the reality of it is that sounds like GKWX2 excerpt of "You just hate me cuz I'm black." without every word misspelled.

I don't see how racism makes a difference here, natural disasters don't really care about the color of one's skin. The relief effort was botched in general, not botched only for black people. I saw plenty of white and hispanic people on the news footage, personally.

What the media has to do with George Bush I really don't understand, either. The media has been biased since the creation of it. Big shock that it still is. However, this is just NOT an appropriate time to talk about it. In 2-3 months, after most of this is sorted out, I think we can go ahead and start talking about how the media is racist.

I think this is just some guy riding on fame to attempt to sound more important. He's not.
<------ Mystic, Kanye West is rapper. Rappers have fans. What Kanye says, fans agree. Kanye hates Bush, fans hate bush. Kanye wants to be noticed, he wants his fans to know he was there. He wants them to hate Bush. Get my cycle? Oh bigboi... "I ain't saying she a Gold Digger.. She ain't messing with no broke....

Chaos the Hedgehog said:
Mystic, Kanye West is rapper. Rappers have fans. What Kanye says, fans agree. Kanye hates Bush, fans hate bush. Kanye wants to be noticed, he wants his fans to know he was there. He wants them to hate Bush. Get my cycle? Oh bigboi... "I ain't saying she a Gold Digger.. She ain't messing with no broke....
Yes, and any fans stupid enough to change their opinion because their idol says Bush is a retard is so stupid that they'd vote for Bush if he gave them animal crackers.

Any fans is so stupid?...

Regardless, I only take it for the sheer funniness of it all. It's obvious the guy's wrong; I don't even really like Bush, but I know he cares about black people. As of such, it's entertaining making fun of that one line. As long as nobody gets the wrong idea, of course.

Irritatingly, though, it seems a lot of people like to play the race card just because they can. It's ridiculous. People should just be people, but the instant a person of a certain ethnicity feels they're being ripped off, they'll accuse the perpetrator of being racist. Same arguably goes for sexism. Bleh...

IMO, George Bush doesn't care about black people, or anybody. That aren't members of his family, or a friend, that is.

Mystic said:
Chaos the Hedgehog said:
Mystic, Kanye West is rapper. Rappers have fans. What Kanye says, fans agree. Kanye hates Bush, fans hate bush. Kanye wants to be noticed, he wants his fans to know he was there. He wants them to hate Bush. Get my cycle? Oh bigboi... "I ain't saying she a Gold Digger.. She ain't messing with no broke....
Yes, and any fans stupid enough to change their opinion because their idol says Bush is a retard is so stupid that they'd vote for Bush if he gave them animal crackers.
Which I do agree with you. People these days are so gullible, They will agree with anything a "higher up" says.

"18 years 18 years and on the 18 birthday found out it wasn't his?"

"I ain't sayin' you a gold digga, you got needs, you allow a dude to smoke, but he can't buy weed..."

Bigboi said:
"I ain't sayin' you a gold digga, you got needs, you allow a dude to smoke, but he can't buy weed..."
* I don't know all the lyrics, so some areas will get chopped off*..."Dishes in the back gotta roll up his sleves" "Now while you watch him (watch him) He got that ambition baby..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back