[Open Assets] Modern Sonic Abilities 4.0 BIG UPDATE

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Some recent-ish SRB2 patch made thrusting prevent you from changing direction in analogue mode.

Note the direction change during the dash at the beginning of this gif. I couldn't have done that in the current SRB2 version, I'd have been forced to keep going directly forward. (Ignore that it's topdown, the analogue change applies to it too.)
So this is a bug or a new feature ?
Offtopic:
Can you please answer my question in your amy/rosy release ?

You should add an infinite double jump in water just like in Sonic Colors.

That would be going too far with the gameplay. I really do not like that kind of abilities that facilitate the game difficulty.
Too, I think that is enough with the skills added by MotdSpork.

You should add an infinite double jump in water just like in Sonic Colors.

I agree with this, I think if you're going to recreate gameplay from a specific game (in this case you seem to be going for Sonic Colors), then you should go all the way and make it as accurate as possible.

I might add a command for it so that you you can choose to have the challenge yourself with underwater, OR you can take the easy way out and jump.

The next update will have some new features that i wont spoil *quite* yet. i will say though that these abilities were really fun to make, and use alike. i hope you enjoy them once updated.

I agree with this, I think if you're going to recreate gameplay from a specific game (in this case you seem to be going for Sonic Colors), then you should go all the way and make it as accurate as possible.

You should also include the muffled and echoed sounds when in water.

If you could somehow make a drift and quickstep, this would honestly be my favorite mod. I mean, it's already pretty up there, but if you could do that I would use this mod all day every day.

aw how did you now my plans D:

No but seriously, i have already made the quickstep and its ready for the next update. I made a drift although, it doesnt seem of much help outside of (look at me im drifting)

Well, who knew? A modern Sonic ability that doesn't have THAT much significance in SRB2's level design. However, I do like how these modern Sonic abilities are situational for SRB2: Flat part of the level full of enemies? (Ex: GFZ2) Boost. Tough Platforming? Double Jump and Stomp for momentum stop. Can't roll under somewhere? Slide.

Sprite glitch.

When I was finding some glitches in SRB2 I found a sprite glitch when you get hurt by a robot or get killed.
Thumbnail below.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 569
I appear to have discovered something amazing...

"Blast away!"

Attachments

• srb20045.gif
    srb20045.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 632
I have an idea, can't you make Tails and Knuckles abilities as well?

I'm not sure what Knuckles and Tails can use in modern Sonic games considering they aren't playable in most entries anymore. The only few things I can think of is the ability to dig for Knuckles (gg no re KO.T.E) and Tails being able to throw dummy rings.

I am absolutely loving the new quickstep and the boost meter, however I do have a couple suggestions for the boost, the boost itself feels like it doesn't last as long as it probably should. If you made it so it lasted maybe a second or two longer or made it so defeating enemies refilled it, then i feel it would be more useful. keep up the good work!

Gemini, you'd have to use imgur to upload your image and grab the URL from the image onto here. It may be 2015, but we still can't see your hard drive.

Oh boy, there's a whole slew of bugs in this update.
lmUDKyy.gif
stLDiHT.gif
This means that you can race through levels and, with the right timing, lightly tap the boost button to go through an enemy without decreasing the boost bar.

vqIfp5E.gif
pm4j9qa.gif
sbUOJ61.gif
xwM4VSa.png
qLuXZwL.gif
j3sytTv.gif
All the same bugs here apply to modernabilitiesSonicCE.wad too.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what Knuckles and Tails can use in modern Sonic games considering they aren't playable in most entries anymore. The only few things I can think of is the ability to dig for Knuckles (gg no re KO.T.E) and Tails being able to throw dummy rings.

There's a bunch of abilities that you can think of! Even if it isn't MODERN. Sega really needs to include the three characters in the newer games...

Anyways, I have come up with some examples...
Tails's tail whip, spinning twister from Sonic Advance 3.
Tails's fist spin, the laser ball cannon, from Sonic Battle.
Knuckles's dig ability can be useful and maybe the forward dash punch with the flaming fist from Sonic Advance.
Knuckles's Rock Throw Ability and exploding fist punch, from Sonic Battle.

It's not that hard to think of these abilities. They aren't THAT modern, but there definitely NOT classic.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back