• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[OMG] thok barrier help......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingPhoenix

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
yes I'm a n00b at level editing, after playing the main game it made me want to make a level of my very own for this, yes I read the tutorial for Doom Builder but it confused me....could someone explain it in an easier way to understand? the thok barrier thing is really hard to make......[IMO]

Just make a huge box first with the floor and ceiling both being the same number (64 + 64 is the most common one.)

Then make another smaller box inside and give it whatever floor height you want, and preferably a 4096 ceiling height.

That's it.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Whoever thinks making the thok barrier is easy say Aye.
Aye.

You don't even HAVE to make it a box. Just draw a sector around the thok-barrier-less sectors, and DoomBuilder will do the rest for you - presuming you don't misfire and draw a vertex of the sector inside the sector being enveloped by the barrier. Although, admittedly, drawing huge boxes work rather well until you understand better what it is you're doing; just don't be surprised at funny glitches in the sky.

Yeah, in retrospect, the way I wrote that part may have been a little confusing. Simply having the sector around the level is enough-the splitting of linedefs and such is only to make it look much neater ingame, and is by no means a necessity.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Whoever thinks making the thok barrier is easy say Aye.

Aye. One of the easiest parts, actually. All you do is put a sector around everything else and give it the floor and ceiling value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back