srb2Sonic3Ability.exe (OHNOES! Brokiness happened!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't really be able to see the difference. All it is that you thok with fire shield, and double jump with electric shield. Well for now, at least, because I'm going to add the following, eventually:
  • Bounce with the water shield.
  • Make a split second shield with no shield.
  • Have new shield graphics.
  • Have new sounds for the thokking, double-jump, and bouncing.
Remember that all those stuff I just mentioned are only for Sonic-Type abilities.

And as a side note, does anyone want to be a spriter for the new shield graphics?

I got another problem with your mod everytime I try to join a netgame I get an error screen everytime it won't go away please tell what should I do.

Read the first post. This will C-Fail in any netgame you join, unless everyone is using this mod. As soon as I found out how to change the version number, this problem will be fixed.

Kaysakado said:
Read the first post. This will C-Fail in any netgame you join, unless everyone is using this mod. As soon as I found out how to change the version number, this problem will be fixed.

If you want to change the SUBVERSION number (The .4 in 1.09.4) look in d_clisrv.h

And if you want to change the VERSION number (The 1.09 in 1.09.4) look in doomdef.h

OK. Going to do that now.

EDIT: It didn't work. I hosted a server, and used LISTSERV. It still said 1.09.4, and I tried joining a netgame, and it showed the normal SRB2 netgames.

O.K. I redownloaded it, and everything's pretty good, although you should make the fire thok a little slower. In Sonic 3 (and Knuckles) the fire thok didn't go that fast.

I might fine-tune the abilities eventually, but for now I'm just trying to make them work.

EDIT: I need help with this piece of code, it's supposed to slow your X and Y down for the Bubble Shield:
Code:
                                                    if (player->mo->momx >= 10)
                                                       player->mo->momx = player->mo->momx - 10;
                                                    if (player->mo->momy >= 10)
                                                       player->mo->momy = player->mo->momy - 10;
                                                    if (player->mo->momx <= (0-10))
                                                       player->mo->momx = player->mo->momx + 10;
                                                    if (player->mo->momy <= (0-10))
                                                       player->mo->momy = player->mo->momy + 10;
                                                    if (((player->mo->momx >= (0-9)) && (player->mo->momx <= 9)))
                                                       player->mo->momx = 0;
                                                    if (((player->mo->momy >= (0-9)) && (player->mo->momy <= 9)))
                                                       player->mo->momy = 0;
For some reason, it's turning your MOMX and MOMY to 0, instead of your current minus ten.

Kaysakado said:
I might fine-tune the abilities eventually, but for now I'm just trying to make them work.

EDIT: I need help with this piece of code, it's supposed to slow your X and Y down for the Bubble Shield:
Code:
if (player->mo->momx >= 10)
	player->mo->momx = player->mo->momx - 10;
	player->mo->momy = player->mo->momy - 10;
if (player->mo->momx <= (0-10))
	player->mo->momx = player->mo->momx + 10;
if (player->mo->momy <= (0-10))
	player->mo->momy = player->mo->momy + 10;
if (((player->mo->momx >= (0-9)) && (player->mo->momx <= 9)))
	player->mo->momx = 0;
if (((player->mo->momy >= (0-9)) && (player->mo->momy <= 9)))
	player->mo->momy = 0;
For some reason, it's turning your MOMX and MOMY to 0, instead of your current minus ten.

You know something. I was tinkering around with momx and momy not too long ago.
The momx and momy IN the if statements are fine how they are. But if you want to set the momx/momy under the if statement, it should be something like this: (Example from the Bomberman Blast 2D movement code, not the actual numbers)
Code:
	player->mo->momy = FRACUNIT*10);

If you're reading this, you're wasting part of your life....

If you mean you need fmod.dll, then go to dll-files.com. Also, since I'm posting, I would like to say that I still am working on this, but being to lazy to release it yet. I might later this day.

I'm happy that stupid link broke. you made me waste about 200 kilobytes. nice going. this wad has barely any working sonic 3 abilities. the only one that works is the fire shield, and it still sux. I GIVE YOU A CAKE!
(the cake is a lie fool)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back