[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realize that now I'm working on a bunch of entirely different projects outside SRB2 stuff, so the focus on this is actually rather minor now. Any motivation I have now to add in features comes from people who are actively using this, so if you really want to see a feature, post some cool screenshots of what you're working on and then I'll be much more motivated to help you with what you're working on :)

I'm building Sonic 3D blast. I call it "Sonic 3D Robo Blast". Sloped FOFs would be fantastic for loops that don't come down from the ceiling and, even better for sloped zoom tubes!

Attachments

• Loops .png
    Loops .png
    234.2 KB · Views: 513
  • Tubes.png
    Tubes.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 432
So this is what you've been doing all this time.

Amazing work here Kalaron. You never cease to amaze anyone do you?

And I assume all the things from the original Community Build are still there? Particle systems for instance.

EDIT: Derp yeah I read how you have fountains and the like. Glad do see you kept those~ (or rather took the time to port them to 2.0.6)

When you showed the MD2 characters where did you get them?
I know this a little off -topic but i want to get the md2 files in that screenshot

This stuff is AMAZING! Huge congratulations are in order. BTW. I've been through the thread and I recant my inquiry on sloped FOFs.

I've read a lot of statements from people preferring software mode. People who'd rather build a bunch of stairs. Complaining that the fog effect looks out of place, and I must say that the openGL system blows it out of the water block! I'm constructing a full game mod in openGL and I'm going to use EVERYTHING SRB2CB has to offer! Congratulations again!

One more thing. I saw another thread, something about fantastic light coronas. Anybody know where I can find that?

Last edited:
Can some one please tell me how to use this thing? I tried looking on the wiki! (It says that it cant find "A wad", and it also says that sonic Is courupt! (I moved the players there because I thougt it might fix the problem, and dont say I didnt add srb2.srb, I did that too!) So whats "A wad" and what do I have to do?)

Last edited:
Ok, I dont have srb2cb.wad in my srb2cb folder, and am I'm suppost to put all of srb2cb to my srb2 folder? EDIT: I never downloaded srb2cb.wad! (unless you mean srb2cb.dta)

Last edited:
and am I supposed to put all of srb2cb to my srb2 folder?
Yes. SRB2CB requires some of standard srb2 files to work. Then, I recommend you to download SRB2CB again, extract the files and put them all *in* srb2 folder (this means: both srb2cb and srb2 share the same folder). Once you have all srb2cb files in there, make sure srb2cb.wad is there too, in the same folder.

Notice: download the "New Extended PNG Texture Pack" (which is the most updated srb2cb.wad) and replace the old srb2cb.wad if you don't want to see serious texture errors in the game.

Last edited:
Ok! Thanks!
Now it works but I'm having alot of trouble with this thing... now I cant use any of my md2 characters exept sonic! I even tried the wiki!!!!!! =(

Last edited:
Because CB supports multiple player MD2s they go by character name, not by PLAY. So you want your sonic one to be called Sonic, etc.

I haven't used MD2s in ages so I can't give more info. sorry

Thats what I'm trying! heres the character part of my md2.dat.

SONIC PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0
tails TAILS.MD2 3.0 0.0
knuckles KNUX.MD2 3.0 0.0

It looks like it should work, right?

PROBLEM SLOVED!!!!!! Just used the dat file that came with all the md2s i got!

Last edited:
Light Dash was on 1.09.4,it was removed now through.
Water run = Swim ability. You either need to create a character or either use charability 1 6 IIRC,through.
Homing Attack:There is but you either need to create a character or either use charability 1 7 IIRC,through.

Wow, drop by SRB2 for the first time in almost a year and bam, new CB with remarkably polished OpenGL and LXShadow taking a stab at the netcode. What fine strides for SRB2 modding.

Kalaron, thank you so much for your work and for releasing your code. I am truly joyed that someone's willing to commit the time and effort to forward these feature sets.

Hey, how are these coronas supposed to work? is it something to be defined through lindefs or control sectors or are they supposed to be a happy side effect of light variations?

Slopes can't Handle Middle Textures

I'm mapping with SRB2CB (PNG Edition)

I had this problem reported in the Editing Help Forum but I have come to realize that it wasn't something I did wrong.

Middle textures that run along the sides of slopes are displaying an undesired graphical glitch. It doesn't seem to matter if the texture rests directly on the sides of a slope or if they rest on a higher wall shared by a slope.

This is a middle texture assigned to a line using conventional methods.

NOTE; Not only is the texture not anchored properly and doesn't slope with the wall but it's displaying some default texture value. (this is more significant later)

ovBB3.png

The other side of the same line is displaying the lower wall texture in it's middle but it does slope properly.

67vge.png

Here is another line. Though the middle texture does not run along the slope itself, this line is shared by a slope running left to right just below our friend Knuckles here.

O26Be.png

Clued to the fact that it was displaying a default texture I adjusted some of the textures in the linedef that were not accounted for.

ell57.png

I found that giving the linedef a lower back texture of my desired middle texture "fixed" what appeared to be a default setting. The texture still doesn't slope with the wall.

NVFtE.png

This also works on it's lower front texture where the middle was displaying the lower texture, but of course this changes the lower texture of the wall to display the middle in a repeating pattern (which none of us want) Again, here on the front side of the wall it's anchored and slopes properly.

wHoSY.png

Not all textures disappear into the sloping sector. I'm not exactly sure how to phrase the phenomenon or give an accurate account of the pattern emerging from it but some textures are anchored to the high end of a slope and hang over the sector. This line's lower back texture has already been adjusted to display my desired middle texture.

On the other side of the steam, one will notice the front textures again, sloping properly but displaying it's front texture.

mAO1z.png

Anyway, I thought I should let the people in the community know about this.

I'll continue mapping as is so if this bug is ever dealt with, everything will fall neatly into place:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back