• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lexyr WAD in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a not-quite-finished WAD -- or more accurately, 3 WADs, a SOC, & a simplifying TXT -- of my fancharacter from deviantART. All I've done is abilities & such; the sprites are the last thing I'll work on. Yeah, I know.

<u>LINK!</u>

A self-extractor! How convenient!
Read the included readme for more info.

***Hold on, the images aren't quite ready yet.***

Lexyr_SRB2__Splish_by_yoshimccloud2419.gif

Nothing special here.

Lexyr_SRB2__Hang_by_yoshimccloud2419.png

Oh noes! I'm a-hangin' from a randomly placed pillar!

Lexyr_SRB2__Fly_by_yoshimccloud2419.png

It's not what it looks like. This is a double jump!

Lexyr_SRB2__Destroy_by_yoshimccloud2419.gif

Destruction. Destruction. More destruction.

Lexyr_eye_by_yoshimccloud2419.gif

BLEEP BLEEP

another recolour what have destruction stuff inside.
please. make something own animations in this wad too.

Despite it being a recolor, it's got a nice SOC in it. Create your own original animations, and this WAD could be a legend.

I say this at least, this would be better suited as a private character for you than sharing with the community. And recolors really do not shine here my friend. And I already detect a few users who might come out saying some crap about this.

So as fawfu had said, make your own sprites and socs and it will go somewhere. Im pretty sure you can come up with some sort of style for him. Be original.

EDIT: Scratch that. All I saw was the screen shots and thought, "*facepalm* not another recolour". I can't see why you're bothering with a character WIP topic anyway if there aren't any sprites done in the first place. We have no clue how he will actually look in SRB2 itself.

Strange. I make ONE post, with all necessary disclaimers, & I get 8 posts by 8 different people who never read everything in a message. Followed by 2 more people helping me make the point before I get around to it. If you want to know what it'll look like at final release, check my deviantART page! If I remember correctly, I refer to my page 3 times!

The reason is that a huge number of people make posts like yours all the time, showing a recolored character sprite, frequently without a SOC, of a fan character of low quality like your avatar, and immediately think of SMS and that garbage.

Honestly, your SOC looks kinda interesting. However I couldn't care less about your character.

Instead of just telling us to go to your deviant page, the smart thing would of been to just include a picture of his apperance and the screen of the soc, than showing screens of a recolor. That way we would of not took it the wrong way.

So I appologize for the slight misunderstanding in my previous post.

I've already downloaded this and it looks great!

P.S:why is it that if you use the power form of lexyr without adding the soc you press the jump button two(or more)times and lexyr bots appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back