SRB2JTE.exe: The official SRB to JTE conversion utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a BIG problem. I just took a screenshot and then the game started crashing when the supervirus appeared. I even removed the screenshots (Yes, I did two screenshots.) from the SRB2JTE folder, but it still crashed. Can you at least tell me what is causing this so I can try and fix it?

I have a BIG problem. I just took a screenshot and then the game started crashing when the supervirus appeared. I even removed the screenshots (Yes, I did two screenshots.) from the SRB2JTE folder, but it still crashed. Can you at least tell me what is causing this so I can try and fix it?

The only conclusion I can come up with is that you're not playing SRB2JTE in OpenGL. It crashes for me in Software if I have the Supervirus, too.

-OpenGL Howto Thingy- (May be different for Vista or 7! ^^)

1. Create a shortcut to SRB2JTE. Anywhere.
2. Right click it and select Properties
3. On target, after the quotation marks, add -opengl (So this would happen: ""C:\-Where it is goes here-\srb2JTE.exe" -opengl") (Dosen't have to be C:\, btw.)

You could also use SRB2NET Launcher and set the alternate exe to "SRB2JTE" and tick the "Open GL" box, but whatever floats your boat.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that you're not playing SRB2JTE in OpenGL. It crashes for me in Software if I have the Supervirus, too.

-OpenGL Howto Thingy- (May be different for Vista or 7! ^^)

1. Create a shortcut to SRB2JTE. Anywhere.
2. Right click it and select Properties
3. On target, after the quotation marks, add -opengl (So this would happen: ""C:\-Where it is goes here-\srb2JTE.exe" -opengl") (Dosen't have to be C:\, btw.)

You could also use SRB2NET Launcher and set the alternate exe to "SRB2JTE" and tick the "Open GL" box, but whatever floats your boat.
BIG thanks!!! BACK TO TOPIC: The supervirus dosn't scare me! All I do is turn the sound down so that speech "Beware the power of the supervirus" dosn't annoy me. It does really. BACK OFF TOPIC: JTE's avatar is only shaded red.
EDIT:A) I don't trust using SRB2Net.exe. B) There is NO Target in Properties.
EDIT2:The reason why I don't trust it is because of a message. It says "OpenGL mode is unsupported and may crash your computer. Use at your own risk."

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

EDIT2:The reason why I don't trust it is because of a message. It says "OpenGL mode is unsupported and may crash your computer. Use at your own risk."
This message also comes up if you use an MD2, so i don't trust them. BACK TO TOPIC: This is AWESOME! Bots, Sonic & Tails, HMS123311 is automaticlly overpowered and more! It ROCKS!
EDIT: That was when i forgot to tick Alternative EXE. It was just 1.09.4 trying to use 1.69 graphics I think.

Last edited:
EDIT:A) I don't trust using SRB2Net.exe. B) There is NO Target in Properties.

This message also comes up if you use an MD2, so i don't trust them!
OpenGL does not crash your computer and you can safely use it. If it does crash your computer, just restart it and everything's fine.

And yes, there is a "target" box in Properties.

opengl does not crash your computer and you can safely use it. If it does crash your computer, just restart it and everything's fine.

And yes, there is a "target" box in properties.
I told you, I'm using Vista and Targets might only be in XP!!!!!
EDIT:I think there is a problem, The entire quote is in Non-Caps.
EDIT2:And what if OpenGL put a VIRUS on my computer? What about then?

Last edited:
I found an ancient, sacred map via the MAP command
MAP20
SRB2 Universe Lobby
EDIT: I found it while I was searching for SA City, which apparently is MAP25.
EDIT2:To get there, type MAP MAP20 -FORCE in the console.
EDIT3:Want an ACTUAL SRB2 Universe level? Type MAP MAP21 -FORCE in the console.
EDIT4:SA City is actually MAP22.
---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

What quote do you mean?
spiritcrusher said:
opengl does not crash your computer and you can safely use it.If it does crash your computer, just restart it and everything's fine.

And yes, there is a "targets" box in properties.

Last edited:
Not to sound a little rude but, how does a flashing screen that appears JTE's avatar and says in a low pitch voice, "Behold the power of the supervirus!". screen goes static, reappears to show eggman with the virus icons bouncing all the place scary?

See it with no lights on in the dark, you'll see... O_O
Edit: Wow. Four years huh? This version been around for four years... Indeed.

Last edited:
Well. At least I can do other things than beat the (you know what I mean) and the bots XD. Even if I was a little bit scared of the first one, I´d like to see the next one. Could be funny. Hopefully (if the new version comes out) the bots capture the flag in the CTF mode.

Maybe. :) Always improving. There's usually just many things telling me not to work on SRB2 when I do go back to it. ... My inspiration gets broken.

Maybe. :) Always improving. There's usually just many things telling me not to work on SRB2 when I do go back to it. ... My inspiration gets broken.
Probably the n00bs ranting about you not making anything they want, and when you do, they want extra features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back