• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Knox's Series of Circuit Maps -WIP-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

- Mossy Palace Version 2 Out (revamped course structure))
Hello, everyone.
It's been a long time since I've done anything SRB2-related, so I thought I'd jump back in and try to make that circuit map pack I've always wanted to make. I'm...still pretty new at making maps, though, so I'd appreciate any comments or criticisms you want to throw my way.

New Pictures of Mossy Palace Version Two:
srb20019-1.png
srb20010-1.png

srb20009-1.png
srb20008-1.png

srb20007-1.png

(Larger versions available here.)

Here's the Mossy Palace Version Two, hosted at Sendspace:
Mossy Palace Zone.
It's not much of a "pack," I know, but there'll be more maps eventually..

Stuff I Know Needs Fixin':
I need to figure out how to add a level select picture without hideously breaking the WAD.

I was actually a little surprised. The level is pretty decent. The only thing I say though is maybe to widen the path is the mossy tunnel (And the ceiling a little bit, because when using those yellow springs you just hit your head on the ceiling.) And near the beginning there was a yellow spring, but it didn't really take me anywhere. I could get on the pillars with it but there was no shortcut there or anything. Maybe, you could put a shortcut near the pillars somewhere?
Also, you didn't say this was your first map, but that you were still a little new at it. While this map was pretty decent I would make some stand-alone levels though (And submit it in the OLDC's for feedback and then maybe make a mod out of those existing levels. Releasing it in the level sections of the forum will get you no feedback. )

All right, I'll mess with the mossy tunnel a bit. Also, yeah, I wanted that yellow spring to help players that decided to get that item box. Maybe I'll put a walkway over the pool on top of the pillars. And I'll follow your advice and release all my levels individually and compile 'em later.
Also, I made one map a while ago under the nom de plume of Magma the Fox or something. It's been a long time (a year, maybe) since I did even that.

So make it longer. Gotcha. I made a few minor changes to the map and reposted the link; shiny new screenshots and version sometime tomorrow.

The pillar bridge was a good idea, but there is no reason to go up there for players. Give them incentive to use the spring and go up there- maybe an item monitor or a speed boost or something?

Excellent level! It looks like it has a lot of promise.

P.S. Hey, Knox, LOVE your avatar! Have you seen Super Mario Bros. Z?

Thanks, Fawfulfan. (I haven't really played the first Mario & Luigi RPG ._.;)
And yeah, I've seen a few episodes of SMBZ. I really wish more people would use this version....
On topic, the new version's up on the first post. New pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back