Forwarding Ports? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerofuse0

Ever since I got my linksys wireless router I couldn't host on the master server, i'm not banned or anything (I checked) but my server doesnt show up. I DO make sure host on internet is checked. So I have this question. Do I need to forward my ports to host on the master server?
It would be really helpful if someone could tell me whats wrong or if I have to forward my ports. I really DON'T want to have to forward my ports because its hard as hell and I get confused when trying to do so.
A step by step guide on port forwarding would be nice. (people can still join via IP adress by the way)

EDIT: I tried forwarding my ports and....
srb2ports.jpg

Whenever I try putting in the number 1 where it tells me to under IP Address it says "You can not use the router IP, network or broadcast address. As seen here
what.jpg

Can someone please tell me whats wrong?

If you look on the FAQ, I think it says you do have to forward ports. I agree, it sounds easy, but it gets hard when nothing works. I mean, do you have to reset the router once you set it to forward ports or something?

You need to use the internal IP of your computer, not the router. There's another guide that tells you how to get a static internal IP...

I have used that guide on how to get a static IP address and I have done everything it said to do.. So the question remains "How do I know what my static IP is?"

start -> run

"cmd"

type ipconfig at the command line, and hit enter.

Look for the connection whose default gateway is 192.168.1.1 . Above this should be a Subnet mask, and above that is your IPv4 Address.

The IPv4 address is what you want.

Well, I did what the forum and the guide did to forward the ports, and when I hosted a game, no-one joined, but my server showed up in the MS Launcher, so I guess it did work.

People don't join unless theres a lot of people.

Expect to wait at least a half an hour for a full server.

Well, once you pick up a server following, or if you cater for a certain region of the world ping wise, you can expect that time to speed up a bit, but for first host? You gotta wait a bit.

This might be a small bump but I think I might be having a similar problem.

I also use a Linksys router. My Srb2 online was working perfectly two days ago but now I can't connect to the master server at all.

Do I need to do this forewarding ports thingy?

I checked the MS website and it was up, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't banned. I followed the porting instructions on the website, but it still won't work.

Are you sure the connection isn't set on LOCAL LAN. For whatever reason, its on by default(sometimes) for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back