[>v1.0.1] Carbuncle

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
Gu-Gu-Gu~

Carbuncle from the Madou Monogatari/Puyo Puyo series joins SRB2 Kart... just barely. He has little to no weight but has the highest speed currently. This makes him, at least I hope, a harder racer to play as while also being the deadliest. Actually, his stats are near someone like Aigis of low weight and high speed. Fitting of his character as a lot of his appearances battle-wise is the equivalent to fighting Akuma in Street Fighter. The kart is using the version that VAdaPEGA made, and a signpost that's mostly an edit from a couple Puyo games. The sprites themselves are also based slightly on his original game sprites from the Genesis games, as is his design as opposed to taking from the more recent appearances where he has a heart mouth. However, his voice clips are taken from Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary.

Update #1 - Version 1.5
- Hopefully all his voices will play properly and not hear Chao sounds. (Personally I blame this on how silly it is dealing with sounds in SRB2)

Attachments

• kart0002.gif
    kart0002.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 2,703
  • kart0003.gif
    kart0003.gif
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,540
  • KC_Carbuncle-R1.5.zip
    91.3 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:
Ugu ugu! Welcome to releases!

UzdgA57.png

I find it fascinating that his stats could even go that far, honestly.

Quick update, sorry about it coming this late but I was hoping to make a more robust update.

Update #1 - Version 1.5
- Hopefully all his voices will play properly and not hear Chao sounds. (Personally I blame this on how silly it is dealing with sounds in SRB2)

Just to note: while this is technically further beyond on the stats screen, your stats DO get locked between 1 and 9 when your skin gets set. So sorry, you are technically the same as Aigis :V

Next patch... I probably won't remove the stat locking, but I'll at least make it obvious it's locked to those values on the character select screen, so you aren't subjected to placebo :p

Last edited:
I likely won't be fixing the stats since right now it doesn't seem to cause any technical problems, still I think Aigis weighs just a little bit more or is slightly slower but that might also just be me justifying this.

Either way, it's not enough to justify another release unless I update his sprites later on. However, I did update the main post with some updated information.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back