Emblem Radar Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senku Niola View Post
Flag textures
Thank you.
Old 08-30-2009   #1042
Kaysakado

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Timed_Line...Upper_Unpegged

It's incomplete, I think the floor height of the back sector of the Linedef Executor Trigger was how many tics to wait. But there is a way.
Old 08-30-2009   #1043
Torgo
Developer

The flags are merely to show which base you are going to, not to distinguish paths. There is a texture that has a sonic with a slash on his face to indicated that sonic can't get up to that area. It is also there for every character.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #1044
Kaysakado

Code:
[13:49] <Kaysakado> Sonic needs an afro 
[13:49] <Nev3r> yes 
[13:49] <Kaysakado> when he's in the disco room 
[13:49] <Kaysakado> y/n? 
[13:49] <Nev3r> y 
[13:49] <RedEchidna> The idea is for it to not be taken seriously, BP 
[13:49] <RedEchidna> y 
[13:49] <BlazingPhoenix> y 
[13:50] <Kaysakado> That's 4 people 
[13:50] <Kaysakado> Majority Rule 
[13:50] <BlazingPhoenix> It  sounds like an awesome idea though
Old 08-30-2009   #1045
BlueZero4

For emerald hunt, the old (and current?) system assigns the emerald spawns to three different thing types and allowing two of each to be placed maximum. I think it would be more entertaining to have a single thing type that can be placed a maximum of something ridiculous like 255 times and the game would randomly choose which three of the spawns to use each time the map is loaded.

Essentially, I'd love to create an intricate but accessible map that has like 10 different emerald locations. Randomly selected spawning points would give the map extreme variety for replayability mostly because the player would likely encounter new emerald locations for the first four times he plays the map. However, even the mapper himself would be kept guessing in terms of where the emeralds spawn THIS time. The old system basically came down to "Is it here? Oh, it must be in the other spawn then." on the mapper's end, which was a serious bummer.

Also, after that's implemented, something to do "for kicks and giggles" would be weighting the spawns so that a few occur somewhat more likely and others not. I'd love to see the look on a player's face when they not only realize that the deathtrap of lazers, crushers, and falling platforms is actually used for an emerald spawn but also that they have to go through it.

Actually, this is already implemented, but unfortunately it is broken in 2.0.4. Currently a maximum of 64 spawn points are available for the game to randomly choose from. This is fixed in 2.0.5. -Jazz

Last edited by Jazz; 08-31-2009 at 01:49 AM.
BlueZero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #1046
Kaysakado

And on that note, maybe something in the level header that decides how many emeralds to spawn.
Old 08-30-2009   #1047
Shawnthesponge
Permanently Banned

Maybe 4 way ctf. Teams woud be sonic, tails, knux and eggman. Colors being red blue grey and orange. This is just me but more colors to play as. Maybe brown, black, dark blue, dark red, yellow-green, red-orange. Also maybe a way to add a wad, play a netgame and then share wads lik that. Then the host can ban the level or character. Then a way for the player to grind like in sa2b. In Sonic games there are loop de loops. Maybe have that in SRB2. Last is a srb2 lump editor that makes characters easier to make like in games like sims or games like that. It like still needs sprites to be made but it does the rest. Maybe where you draw a sprite with legs animate it somehow so it saves time. Somethings may not happen I know but some could right???

Last edited by Shawnthesponge; 08-30-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Shawnthesponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #1048
Blacklightning
Insane Idealist

Update the official SRB2 servers to 2.0.4 already. Hell, I think more people play the barebones 2.0 more than 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 by this point.

Add an optional method to prevent camping in Tag games for Hide & Seek esque tactics. Could be anything from revealing the position of the camper to forcibly tagging players who stand still too long. Make the IT marker change in colour when the seeker is out of rings. Add an option to allow players to keep their rings (and shield if possible, but not as important) when tagged, instead of losing everything when they get hit.

If a seeker fails to find all players in a Hide and Seek game, add a brief delay before ending the match and moving to the postgame score screen, wherein the seeker can F12 the remaining players and see where they were hiding. Make hiding players die in a single hit when tagged regardless of ring count and/or shields to prevent "furry shield" tactics, where an invincible tagged player could absorb all incoming shots and prevent a second player in the same spot from being tagged unless hit with an explosive weapon. Alternatively, remove post-tag invulnerability altogether.

(Done but in a different fashion. All players are forced to be solid in Hide and Seek, preventing this issue. I'd rather not kill hiding players, just leave them where they lie. -Jazz)

If it all possible, make race mode strictly client-based only. Allow all players to run off their own comps instead of being dragged down by sever lag. The players barely interact with each other as-is so I see no reason why racers should be burdened the same way as if they're supposed to.

Make the sprites (and the sprites ONLY) of the standard red-ring projectile specific to the character that throws them. This would allow for more customization of wadded characters, such as allowing the playable Eggman to retain his classic GFZ laser shot in multiplayer, without any cost to character balance whatsoever. Maybe even make custom shot sprites colour-coded (using standard colour-changeable green as a base) to allow the same sprite to cover different weapon ring types when customized?

Last edited by Jazz; 11-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Blacklightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #1049
Kaysakado

Ugh...

First off, this is the discussion topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnthesponge View Post
Maybe 4 way ctf.
Suggested numerous times already.
Quote:
Teams woud be sonic, tails, knux and eggman.
Also suggested numerous times already.
Quote:
Colors being red blue grey and orange.
I hope that's not respective. :/
Quote:
This is just me but more colors to play as.
Impossible without replacing the current colors, iirc.
Quote:
Maybe brown, black, dark blue, dark red, yellow-green, red-orange.
All of these colors are bad ideas for their own reasons, anyways.
Quote:
Also maybe a way to add a wad, play a netgame and then share wads lik that.
If you mean the client adding a WAD and then joining a netgame and forcing it to be added, no.
Quote:
Then the host can ban the level or character.
>_>
Quote:
Then a way for the player to grind like in sa2b.
Already possible, though it sucks anyways.
Quote:
In Sonic games there are loop de loops. Maybe have that in SRB2.
Not happening.
Quote:
Last is a srb2 lump editor that makes characters easier to make like in games like sims or games like that. It like still needs sprites to be made but it does the rest. Maybe where you draw a sprite with legs animate it somehow so it saves time.
RECOLOR TOWN COMING UP ON YOUR RIGHT
EDIT: Never mind, I misunderstood this. Your idea is generally impossible.
Quote:
Somethings may not happen I know but some could right???
nope
Old 08-31-2009   #1050
Blacklightning
Insane Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysakado View Post
Of course, to prevent hacking, the client would send a demo to the server.

Then again, people would just make a perfect demo with a TAS, and then hack SRB2 to always send that demo.
Good point, but considering the client-based hacks that already exist, I don't see how much more harm getting rid of the lag could cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLJudrzMp10

Making more than one starting position per map would help a lot though, to make the kinds of TAS inputs you refer to inaccurate, useless and downright suicidal unless the player spawns in exactly the right spot.
Blacklightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #1051
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
Making more than one starting position per map would help a lot though, to make the kinds of TAS inputs you refer to inaccurate, useless and downright suicidal unless the player spawns in exactly the right spot.
You'd have multiple demos, then. All that would do is make it less fair.
Old 08-31-2009   #1052
K.S.
Formerly Inuyasha
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
If I see this vid linked one more time in a serious discussion, I'm going to go mad.

Additionally, a bit late, but for Glaber...
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
give us an ingame option to use either the current screen shot totals screen or the old totals screen system from 1.09.4 that allows custom interpicts
interscreen = INTERSCR

Last edited by K.S.; 08-31-2009 at 02:19 PM.
K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009   #1053
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW_CFI View Post
interscreen = INTERSCR
He wants an in-game option, so you can always set it to show the image or always to show the new style, rather than by-map.
Old 08-31-2009   #1054
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

Lacking any sort of technical aptitude, I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions concerning the script/code of SRB2, but I do have some personal suggestions...

A tribute to Christmas Hunt Zone or the past Christmas versions would be awesome. I'm thinking there could be some sort of small, secret emerald hunt in Blue Mountain Zone, found by going through a secret path ala the Disco Room in ERZ2.

As far as Blue Mountain Zone is concerned, I hope it has a mixture of ice and fiery hazards, as the current map may suggest. There aren't too many fire/ice levels in platformers, and the two would make a challenging map indeed.

A new SBR2 Launcher would be nice, though I imagine someone's probably working on it now.

Dat's it fo' now.

Just out of curiosity, what levels are yet to be developed, if that's not privy information?
Old 09-01-2009   #1055
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

That's exactly what I want. And thank you Matt, Now I can get the right Intpics on the right levels in SRB2TP.
Old 09-01-2009   #1056
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatwarlord777 View Post
As far as Blue Mountain Zone is concerned, I hope it has a mixture of ice and fiery hazards, as the current map may suggest. There aren't too many fire/ice levels in platformers, and the two would make a challenging map indeed.
Hailfire Peaks
Freezeflame Galaxy
A few community levels for SRB2
Some level in a Crash Racing game

FIRE + ICE IS NO LONGER A UNIQUE CONCEPT
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child

Last edited by D00D64; 09-05-2009 at 03:49 AM.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #1057
H Y P E R

1. Separate Super sprites from ability sprites
2. More abilities for custom characters
3. Unlockable character(s) (Maybe Metal Sonic, or Ray and Mighty)
4. Skidding
5. More ambience
6. This may not make sense, but give the levels a more eerie/dreamy/devavuie feel.
7. I'm not sure if this is possible, but make the pallete infinite?
8. A level for Sonic if you get all the emeralds (Like doomsday zone)
9. Generally make character wad designing more flexible
10. Some more secrets (Kinda like RedXVI)

P.S. If there is something here that is not possible/ will not be done,
Intead of deleting the post, please remove the impossbile suggestion
from the post?
H Y P E R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #1058
filio

Ok, time to crack some more ideas.

-kick reasons

Last edited by Jazz; 11-08-2009 at 08:23 PM.
filio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #1059
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox
Developer

If it's possible, we should add a variable that you can set as the maximum ping allowed in the game. If a player's ping goes above that amount for more than 5-10 seconds, they're automatically kicked from the game.

This would be a great way for dedicated servers to handle laggers if the admin isn't around.

Last edited by Jazz; 11-08-2009 at 08:23 PM.
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #1060
Kaysakado

Give Crawla Commanders/Jetty-syns a buff. They're meant to be the elite of the elite, if you will, but they generally suck. Perhaps you could boost the standard Jetty-syn stats to what they currently are in Ultimate Mode. Not sure what to do about the Crawla Commander.