Nintendo 3DS Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

March 23, 2010 - Nintendo Japan has announced the 3DS, a new hand-held system to be released before March 2011. This new system will be unveiled at this year's E3 show in June.

While details are a bit slim as of now, the announcement stated the console would incorporate 3D technology without the need for players to where special glasses. The 3DS will also be backwards compatible with all DS and DSi software.

Nintendo says this new portable machine will "succeed the 'Nintendo DS series.'"

We'll update this post as we hear more.

I'll stay wait 1.5 years for the lite version of this. XD

I'm beginning to seriously tire of Nintendo. Them popping out the same shit year after year (software included) is really getting old.

This I do not like. I prefer my DS to be a classic video game system, not some sort of eye raping 3d monster thank you.

3D portable? That sounds familiar...
VIRTUAL_BOY_sistem.png

...oh yeah.

At first I thought it was fake( anyone remember this?)... but then it was on the news... Anyway, it looks interesting but I think I might wait until GBA compatibility is brought back(unless this gets really good exclusives)... Wait, how do they expect to have real 3D without glasses? Not even movies do that yet.

Popping 3D images? That's it? Well, that may be impressive, but I fail to see how that's a worthwhile development in hand-held gaming. In fact, I would think that such a system would be cumbersome and any 3D effects would be merely shallow amusements.

Then again, Nintendo could prove my suspicions wrong.

I think I might wait until GBA compatibility is brought back
The GBA will be 2 generations back, so I doubt it would return in physical form. Plus, probably 3-6 months after the "3DS" comes out, we'll have homebrew cards that can run GBA games. (Like with the DSi)

Don't really feel like buying yet another handheld that doesn't offer backwards compatibility for anything except the last generation.

3D? wat

Not buying till they make a lite version of it.

3D without the glasses!
Oh, you are pretty smart. Lots of people are going to buy this when it comes out. Yet, it 1.5 years they'll make a superior version.

Don't really feel like buying yet another handheld that doesn't offer backwards compatibility for anything except the last generation.
Wii 3D visuals? No buy? ON THE GO? D=

Its not like the Wii could play N64 games. :P Or the PS3 playing PS1/2 games.

It could, only on Virtual Console. *manually stuffing an N64 cart.....

You never know, the DS3D could do the same thing as the Wii. Virtual handheld.
Edit: Hope the VC thing clears it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back