XP vs Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
which one and why?

i use vista because i have a q6600 and 4gb of ram, so it's just as fast

lol why was this moved it's a debate of xp vs vista

This is a debate, not a general topic.

I use XP because I believe Vista Sucks. My current experience with it sor far supports it. (The clock opening way too many times.)

It most likely was moved because this is an X vs. Y topic, not actually a debate.

Also, this is an interesting question to answer since I have two computers, one with XP, one with Vista. I prefer XP, mainly because it's compatible with the Wad editors I use.

Now if you'll excuse me my sisters are whining for me to detach myself from this laptop.

Vista Home Basic came pre-installed with my PC, and it's pretty okay. I like Vista's look and the gadgets, but not much else. Because I have 512MBs of RAM, performance is just terrible as far as loading apps goes, (Sonic Heroes takes nearly 3 minutes to load, and thirty seconds for Firefox. >_>) and it isn't compatible with a lot of the software I use the most. Then there's the crap support for the Vista version of my video drivers...
Vista's performance mostly depends on the PC, although for the most part, I could be running an OS that's ten times as fast and more functional. (Which is why I dual-booted my PC with XP, you have no idea how happy I was just to see Firefox load the instant I clicked on it!)
The performance and compatibility of XP is better on my hardware. So yeah, I have a preference for XP. :P

loremipsum3000 said:
what about vista sucks?

also i posted in debates but it got moved lols
First off, my only experience using it at my Grandpa's house. Second, Backwards compatiabilty issues.

It slowed down my Athlon X2 6000+ with 2GB RAM and an 8800GT, that's when you know you have problems.

A much fairer discussion would be XP vs. Windows 7.

One thing for people that don't like vista to look forward to, is Windows 7. It's a major improvement, it's got great speed and nothing has crashed on me once. The only problem I have is that my steam games aren't running, and I think that isn't 7.

Ghost_Zero said:
One thing for people that don't like vista to look forward to, is Windows 7. It's a major improvement, it's got great speed and nothing has crashed on me once. The only problem I have is that my steam games aren't running, and I think that isn't 7.

Only problem I have with my Source games is that I have to do snd_restart on every map load, no biggie but it does get a bit annoying.

My mom is starting to go crazy about Vista because she doesn't know how to fix a huge problem. She can't install her programs because is says that the hard drive is out of room, but when she looks at the hard drive, it's almost empty. Has anyone had this problem / know how to fix it? I really need help here, or mom won't let me download SRB2 onto the computer.

Really? I could have sworn I heard the exact opposite with Vista being slower and not being compatible with a lot of things as opposed to XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back