Safari is out for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be much nicer if it didn't blur the text so much (because it makes it look less clear, and it's giving me a headache, unlike Internet Explorer...), but I like it. It does go a bit faster, but not as much as you would think. The buttons look great, considering they're shiny and button-like, and it highlights text boxes, and they can be resised too! That's pretty neat.

What I really hate, is the bluring (and the fact that you can't use shift when starting a new line (which is keeping the settings as the previous line) but that's unimportant), so if anyone knows how to get rid of this annoying effect, let me know.

Sure, it has a lot of features of Firefox (and run slightly faster) but does it have the extendability? Does it have built-in spell-check, or ad-blocking? Script-blocking? And I'm pretty sure that Firefox extensions could easily be made to cover a few of Safari's unique features (though they are pretty trivial). Also, I can't stand the minimalistic interface it has. As for me, I'll stick to what I currently have.

It doesn't have spell-checker(Atleast I don't think so, it might though.), but it dose have the really good pop-up blocker like Firefox. And the resize thing for text block things is cool. It's still better on mac though >_>.

EDIT: It has tabs like fire fox, and blends in well with my mac skin *shot*.

I'm not going to switch to Safari just because it has tabs and a pop-up blocker, because every, I mean every browser already has those essentials. It's like you're telling me to switch to Mac OS X just because it has a file browser. Or that you're trying to have me buy an Atari system just because it has a joystick. Or that you're asking me to get a plushie just because it has beans in it. Or that you want me to sit in a different chair just because it has four legs on it. Have some common sense, man.

Then you're better off with what you have... Ok It's just firefox that looks like safari basically. You can get an iFox Metal theme for firefox that looks exactly the same. The thing thats better about Safari is it's faster. Safari berly, just berly, gives you the feal of a mac, it's blury like Segmint said. So yeah if you like a few things like spell-checker for instance stick with firefox. If you can actually spell you can use Safari.

And go buy an Atari, it has a joystick AND with buttons![/sarcasum]

You would have to try out safari, It's cool in some ways, but fire fox is just better for PC even if it is slower. Although I'm sing safari >_>.

For anyone who's curious, here are my Firefox extensions:

FirefoxExtensions.png

Yep. Can't get that with any other browser.

Segmint said:
It would be much nicer if it didn't blur the text so much (because it makes it look less clear, and it's giving me a headache, unlike Internet Explorer...), but I like it. It does go a bit faster, but not as much as you would think. The buttons look great, considering they're shiny and button-like, and it highlights text boxes, and they can be resised too! That's pretty neat.

What I really hate, is the bluring (and the fact that you can't use shift when starting a new line (which is keeping the settings as the previous line) but that's unimportant), so if anyone knows how to get rid of this annoying effect, let me know.

Go into the editing thing on the top (forgot what those are called), go to appearence, then set the fonts and stuff to this:

Standered font: Times New Roman Size 12
Fixed width font: Courier New size 13
Font smoothing: Light

This should fix the blurred thing. It did for me.

sonicfreak94 said:
It doesn't have spell-checker(Atleast I don't think so, it might though.).

EDIT: It has tabs like fire fox, and blends in well with my mac skin *shot*.

It does have spell checker. Go to that edit thing on the top (yes, I forgot what it's called), go down to spelling, and click "check spelling while typing".

And, yes it does look good in my Mac skin. :P

NeoJames said:
And Mac ownz all

*Shot and shot again*

Yes, yes it does.

Whoever doesn't like this new Safari for PC, just remember that it's just a beta.

Yipe, that's a lot there. But why Fasterfox? I tried it once and noticed almost no performance increase.

By the way, AdBlock Plus is better than plain old AdBlock, because it uses subscriptions to block almost all known ads on the web.

Eh, I've never had any real problems with Adblock so far, so I never bothered to upgrade from that. Though I probably should, but I'm just not motivated to do so. =P

For extendibility, I prefer Firefox for all the awesome extensions it has.

For everything else, I feel Opera is superior. I don't see how Safari is that amazing.

But that is just me.

It'd be nice if I could disable that awful, boring gray theme. I thought Quicktime looked bad with it, now it's on a window I'd be staring at for even longer. I also don't like how the installer, by default, wants to install a network-related service I have no use for. If I did have a use for such a service, I'd seek it out myself and not wait for a completely unrelated program to install it for me.

The target audience for Safari Windows is people who already use Safari in MacOS. Hence I have no pressing reasons to use this outside of making sure my web design works consistently across browsers, which isn't particularly hard to do anyway since I follow HTML and CSS standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back