• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA-SRB2 Returns! SRB2 Adventure! - Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violo

Resisting Pony Avatar
Well, since BlazeHedgehog (BlazeFire can't remember) discontinued and 2.0 has come out. I've decided to take over this production for now. Right now, I have GFZ1 retextured, GFZ2 done backwards (springs and enemies haven't been changed) and GFZ3 is pretty much a converted clone of the 1.08 version with some new textures and a changed Egg Capsule to make it look better. Also, I haven't replaced any textures so far (except sprites, and I added a floor) and the retexturing isn't just one texture. I've placed many different textures to this.

Also, no pictures for this so far. Only the level select pics which don't show much at all.

And the download link.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rgymgninui4
Beware that I haven't got this completely perfect. But I plan to get it somewhere near. This also forces Homing Attack in Single Player, which means onlly Sonic is playable. Also, the Blue Crawlas are faster. I was going to make the Red Crawlas shoot something, but they shoot still quickly still. It would be nice if I could get a soccer that could help, but I can handle myself for now.

If some people could help, that'd be nice. I'll put up some rosters, for now. And for the admins that say "Don't ask for teams of people to do this," (not to anyone specific, I just heard it) I will be doing most of the work for this mod since it is one of my favourites.

Ex-Producer (Well, we have to remember him)- BlazeHedgehog
Producer/Developer- Violo
Soccers (I suck with socs)- N/A
Flat and Texture Designers- N/A
Level Designers- N/A
Beta Testers- ilikepieguy

I would also like it if someone could make some new THZ textures, just the Rock ones really, I won't be using the factory much. Something SA-styled would be nice. Although, I'll work with what I've got for now.

And well, that's it. Next beta, I hope to start Agric Canyon (THZ1) at least a bit.

UPDATE! (21/8/09): A new video for a preview of Beta 2. Also, let me say that this is my first popular topic. I'm very excited at the moment.
Link to video.

Last edited:
It was fun, but some textures REALLY clash with each other, mainly with the main thok barrier. Other than that, It's nice to see a more fresh way to play some stages. Reverse GFZ2 FTW.

OKay, because pretty much everyone who's played it hates the texture set I'm using. I'll just put it as play old boring GFZROCK2 instead. Well, one version. Why don't people like texture variation. What's wrong with using different textures that fit well together when you think about it?

OKay, because pretty much everyone who's played it hates the texture set I'm using. I'll just put it as play old boring GFZROCK2 instead. Well, one version. Why don't people like texture variation. What's wrong with using different textures that fit well together when you think about it?

No, we hate how you are using MULTIPLE CLASHING texture sets in one map. GHZ textures do NOT work with the reddish GFZ-like wall that you have the most of, since GHZ textures are REALLY BRIGHT while most of the walls are (somewhat) DARK.

Last edited:
That's it? The GHZ and GFZ textures are pretty much the same except one's smaller. I'll put up a poll. I don't think they clash, most are revamps of previous textures and ones that fit in the with theme mostly.

That's it? The GHZ and GFZ textures are pretty much the same except one's smaller. I'll put up a poll. I don't think they clash, most are revamps of previous textures and ones that fit in the with theme mostly.

...Are you COLORBLIND?

9vbino.png

Look at that for TWO SECONDS, and tell me that does NOT colorclash.

...Are you COLORBLIND?

9vbino.png

Look at that for TWO SECONDS, and tell me that does NOT colorclash.

Nice, just go ahead and make my ego go down the drain, into the sewer. Good thing there is a purifier. I just laughed. I find that they don't clash, and don't talk about colourblindness because my dad is.

Anyone have suggestions on other textures I could use.

Also, I just got a suggestion from someone I know. I'm going to try a new texture, I have an idea.

I'll get rid of it for now, EXPERIMENTATION TIME!

Edit: I present, the new beta GHZ Wall.
ghzwall7a.png

Well, what do you think? I either had to resize the GHZ Wall, or make a similar colour scheme. The colour scheme was my first idea. I think the pale blocks look wrong for some reason, if anyone wants to edit it, go ahead.

Last edited:
The man problem is that none of those textures that were placed made sense at all. That screenshot above this post proves this. GFZ and GHZ textures can work well together, but with they way you have things placed, it just looks like a mess.

Where is the extended GFZ1 from the original version? And what about the proper reverse GFZ2 from the original version?

The man problem is that none of those textures that were placed made sense at all. That screenshot above this post proves this. GFZ and GHZ textures can work well together, but with they way you have things placed, it just looks like a mess.

Where is the extended GFZ1 from the original version? And what about the proper reverse GFZ2 from the original version?

The extended version of GFZ1 is nearly impossible to recreate and gave no platforming ability what so ever, but fine. I'll get to work on what people want. I can't at the moment and I won't for a fe hours maybe. Just think about Sapphire Falls okay, that's my rebuttal for now. I'll get rid of some textures as well.

Edit: Huh, well, that didn't take as long as I thought. And even though I haven't changed the GHZ thing yet, I did something else planned for Beta 2.
If you go to MAP MAPA1-3, It'll go to the original SA-SRB2 maps. That's for the people who want proper SA-SRB2 levels. This is planned to be an unlcokable.

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfVYsOtW7E

YouTube video of a preview. Just a few small things. Like the texture improvement. I may also get a music file for download as well. Also, GFZ2 now has a waterslide area, but for some reason, it glitches up on one of the sections making you walk. I'll leave that for now. I plan to add something there later on.

Expect the next beta to come soon.

WHY

WHY OH WHY DID YOU USE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAYAYAGAHGAHGAH

Well, you changed textures, at least, but that out-of-place-due-to-the-brightness GHZ wall on 0:50 continues to bug me.

Yeah, didn't have time to get rid of that for the video. Also, read the comments on the video it'll explain why I used EP.

...But really, couldn't you get Sonic Boom or something? I mean, COME ON. Endless Possibilities couldn't be the ONLY song you could get...

I was just going through Sonic Style. And when I first relised I had Audacity on the computers, the first song that was in front of me was Endless Possibilities. Anyway, I like that song, and you can change it with the MP3 thing that comes up at the start of each video.

Anyway, I haven't made many updates. I have to do homework. A lot of it. I got the first bit done. SO I have a bit of free time. But, yeah.

Looks like I'm going to have to do a direct port that isn't modified beyond what is necessary for the porting process... >_>

Edit: Whoops, slight bump. Sorry =P

Last edited:
Nah. That isn't really a bump since so many projects are going on. Anyway, you don't need to do that. I have the original ported versions in Beta 2 anyway. I may put the old CEZ in for the lolz though. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back